Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let her play, or keep her away?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM
  • 62 Replies

at the beach   Hey everyone, the other day I was in the park with my dd and I happen to of met up with my sister and my nephew. It was a nice day in the park and we were hanging out while the kids played. Well, my dd has a habit where she will go off into the dirt and play. Yep, she gets messy and it does not bother her. My nephew followed and wanted to play in the dirt too. My sister was not having that, she did not want him to play in the dirt and told him to get away from it and started cleaning his hands. I kinda thought that it was no big deal and I said, " Let him play," you'll give him a bath later and you can wash his clothes. She wasn't so happy that I let my dd play in the dirt. So, she got me thinking; she I continue to let her play or keep her away? What do you think? Do you allow your kid (s) to play in the dirt?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
our3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Let your kids play in the dirt. It lets kids use their imaginations , gets the good germs, and just be kids.  Here are some pics of my kids getting down and dirty and they love every minute of it.

Check out my Blog Here

sweetmissy_05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Let her play

Lisa0626
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I love your pics our3, they are so cute and look very happy playing. :o)

our3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Quoting Lisa0626:

I love your pics our3, they are so cute and look very happy playing. :o)

lol I have TONS more. My kids LOVE playin ruff and getting dirty. Their new game they play is  Iron chef in the sand box. The use sticks, grass, leaves, berries ect and make mud pies and stuff and pretend they are Iron Chefs lol. We have a couple acres with lots of blueberries, huckleberries, and black berries so they usually eating berries also and have blue faces and fingers.

Check out my Blog Here

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:10 PM

my kids have never had an interest in playing in the dirt.  thankfully.  they seem to get dirty enough without playing in the dirt! ;o)

i'd let them play though, unless we were going somewhere that i didn't want them to be filthy for.  they are kids & only young once!

kaidansmylife
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Let her play. A little dirt never hurt anyone. This is a bad pic but you can see how dirty he is. I took this about 2 seconds before he goosed my stepdad with the waterhose lmao then we all started haveing a mud fight. hehe He was almost 2 here. sorry its so blurry.

nomadbrat83
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM
I hate stains but still let her play in the dirt sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM

I let my kids play..I always say. if you not dirty you havent played..

mommy31210
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:46 PM

let kids be kids :)

Lisa0626
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Quoting kaidansmylife:

Let her play. A little dirt never hurt anyone. This is a bad pic but you can see how dirty he is. I took this about 2 seconds before he goosed my stepdad with the waterhose lmao then we all started haveing a mud fight. hehe He was almost 2 here. sorry its so blurry.

Aww, he is so cute there! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)