Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Closet Storage Solutions

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you wish you had more closet space in your home? I know I do! There's one closet I have to hold my breath before opening, because you never know what's going to tumble out of it. Unfortunately, there's no room to build a new closet or expand an existing closet, and there's just not enough closets in our apartment. My husband and I have maxed out our storage spaces, finding some tricky places to put our stuff, but we need more hanging room and more closet storage.

I've been searching for different solutions online, I didn't realize something as seemingly basic as an armoire would cost so much! I found some cheaper armoire solutions and other closet ideas all less than $200 that just might fix our closet storage shortage.

What type of closet you need depends on what kind of storage you're looking for, I need hanging storage, so wardrobes and armoires with a bar will work for me--like the armoire shown in the picture above. If you're looking for storage for sweaters and clothes that fold, you can look at an armoire that has more shelving. Armoires are usually expensive, but these cost less--a lot less. The one in the photo is currently just $99.

Maybe you just want a closet to keep your winter stuff in the summer, or your summer stuff in the winter--instead of shoving everything in boxes under the bed or in the attic. A portable, lightweight closet can be a great home organizer when it comes to this sort of closet storage. It keeps everything organized and neat, and can easily be stowed in the basement, garage, or spare room out of the way.

Sometimes all you need for your closet is to better organize it. A DIY custom-closet kit can help give you a lot more shelving and hanging space, which means a lot more useful storage in the space you already have.

What's your closet situation like?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-62):
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Sep. 7, 2011 at 7:57 PM
TYFS
Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Half is mine and half is my husband's. Mine is clean, his is not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN