Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Home: Spice Up Your Kitchen

Posted by   + Show Post

Want to change up your kitchen without a costly renovation or pricey new furniture? There's a few things you can do to add new life, and spice, to your old kitchen. Afterall, you probably spend the most time in this room, so why not make it work better for you. Here's three great tips, sure to freshen up your kitchen.

Change up your dishes. There's no reason to sip coffee out of a chipped mug, or mix-and-match plates when you have guests over for dinner. Buy a whole new set, dishes, mugs, and bowls. (This Corelle set is fun and you get 16-pieces for just $60). Make sure you throw the old stuff out!  

Tableclothes and placemats can add texture and splashes of color and personality to a kitchen. If you don't want to cover your table in a tablecloth, consider a table runner for a change.

Another place you can add color and personality is by adding or changing the cushions on your chairs or counter stools.

While you're at it, why not buy an inexpensive bunch of flowers and put them in a vase on the counter or kitchen table? Treat yourself and your kitchen right.

What was the last update you made to your home?

by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-39):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM

We haven't done much since moving in but we are planning or painting the kids rooms and of course getting the nursery ready for new baby!

4kidz916
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I have been in this house less than a year so I haven't had to do any updating but I am trying to find "the perfect" curtains.  I'm also trying to find a good kitchen related quote to put above the entrance way from the kitchen to the dining area.

April_79
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Craigslist is the bomb, you can always find what your looking for at a fraction of the price.:)

Samanthamommy
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Doing entertainment stand now

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Sep. 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I love different colored pots and pans :)

tiffs2009
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 2:45 PM

We bought new dishes about 10 months ago

iam4you2
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Thank You For Sharing. 

iam4you2
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I have to buy new doors

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM
We changed up the linens in our bathroom last August.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN