Group Home

Smarter Home: Nursery Basics For New Moms

Posted by   + Show Post

Setting up the nursery is just as much a part of the pregnancy process as morning sickness and weight gain. The nursery for my daughter isn't actually a room, it's more a section of a room. We live in tight quarters and this is the best we can do, and she's still so young, it's working out just fine.

Even in tight quarters we had to buy the same things my sister-in-law did, who lives in a mini-McMansion. The new purchases were a crib and a changing table. We also converted an old nightstand into a mini dresser for her. The crib eventually turns into a bed, when she's old enough for that. What we still need is better lighting, we just have the overhead light right now, and a rug...a pink rug. She's too young to crawl just yet, but I want the room (or at least her section of it) to be cozy. Her toys and books are currently stored in the living room, which is where we play with them anyway, so we don't need bookcases--and wouldn't have room for one anyway.

A few other things we have in our nursery is a small hamper for her laundry and a diaper pail. (Oh my gosh, her diapers stink!)

What's your baby's nursery like? Do you love it or do you want to do it over?

by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
Katie445
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Remember cordless blinds or shades.

malexander2009
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I have just a crib, and a dresser thats it.

KristinRox
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I dont have a nursery any longer because my youngest is now 2. When they did have nursery's it was set up nice and calm. There was a small toy box, a dresser with a couple of the little trinkets he recieved in the hospital, a diaper storage bin, his crib and a change table.

MsDean
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I miss having babies!

You have a cute nursery, the colors are gorgeous =)

None of my kids really had a nursery but I loved how I situated there stuff in their alotted space. I was very gender neutral and so had pretty greens and white and had some animal stuff. I would not have made it over because I spent the entire pregnancies findng stuff I truly liked.

DixieFlower
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:16 PM

His doesn't have a nursery. His crib is in our room and once he's a bit older he will be sharing his brother's room.

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Sep. 18, 2011 at 9:04 PM

We did winnie the pooh for all three.

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:18 PM
It was very basic with the girls. Kaden's was a bit better, but still not what it could've been.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie