Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At Home Spa

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 44 Replies

Lets face it, when we become moms the first thing to fly out the window is "me-time." There's just so much to do in a day, working, cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids--it's enough to fill all 24 hours. I know, I put off doing something for myself because there's always so much other stuff to do. I could either get a manicure/pedicure or finish up the laundry; laundry wins every time.

Maybe it's time to bring me-time to the house. This way, you can schedule me-time anytime without leaving home. We can't go to a spa every day, though it would be awesome if we could, but we can recreate the music and sounds found in spas that give it that ‘far, far, away' vibe with a sound machine. Put on the soothing sounds while you get ready for bed, or while you're reading before you fall asleep to help you unwind.

The best part of pedicures, at least for me, was always the foot massage. I'm on my feet a lot, and I was always surprised by how much it helped ease away tension. You can get a home foot bath complete with bubbles or try these ultra plush slippers that are super comfy and massage your feet as well.  

Or course, relaxation aside, the finished product of a manicure/pedicure was always delightful as well. You can get spa-like results at home, too, by using professional tools.

What do you do to give yourself a break during the day?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexix
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:49 AM
Aw, I miss pampering myself. Need to get back to it. I used to put my boys to bed early, have a cocktail while I soaked my feet. I havent done that in so long and my feet show it:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onecuteladybug2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:47 AM

I try to give myself a manicure at least once a week.

amy7243
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM
I don't pamper myself ....I need to though.
imgnabamommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:30 AM

some days i take a nap with my 2 year old instead of doing house work or homework

charlene_kyle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:54 AM

I go and get my nails done once a month.

elasmimi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I nap daily.

baby2zacharias
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM
this. The most of a break i get is peeing. and even that usually involves at least one of the kids.

Quoting amy7243:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:21 AM

same here

Quoting amy7243:

Cynt1020
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:48 AM

i dont pamper myself as much as i wish i could....

But i try to get at least 5-10 mins to myself....

momkaribg
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM
Me to :(

Quoting amy7243:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)