Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Building your credit

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM
  • 20 Replies
If you have fair, bad, or no credit, how do you build it? My husband's credit isn't too great, so we were thinking of getting a new tv from Aaron's rent to own store. I know you end up paying more in the end, but we also know it will help him with his credit score.

What have you done that works?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
azpreemiemom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM

You can get a secured credit card to build your credit. I am not sure if the rent to own places report to your credit. 

easinpc
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM

You'll want to check because most rent to own places that I know of don't report to credit places unless you dont pay and it goes to collections.  A secure card is a great way to start!

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Getting a cell phone or a store credit card usually works :)

I am in the process of trying to repair my credit too.

jridgill
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Take out a $250 loan from the bank. Pay it off in However long and they take out a $500 loan. Keep going up! A major credit card will help too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM

I don't have any idea how to help build credit but this is a great question.  I hope you get many answers.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Good Luck

iam4you2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:02 PM

We paid all of ours off during tax time and then you have to wait for it to build back up

Miss-B
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:31 PM

They only report to your credit after it is paid off. Now, I have a Capital One secured credit card and it has help my credit and still is. I also have a Orchard Bank unsecured call it also is helping. My credit scores has shot up.

Quoting azpreemiemom:

You can get a secured credit card to build your credit. I am not sure if the rent to own places report to your credit. 

Miss-B
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Make sure if you do get a card pay on time and more the the min balance. It really helps!!

imgnabamommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM

i did a buy here pay here car...the car was ok, it got me from point a to point b, nothing wonderful or spectacular. my brother wrecked it and the insurance company paid it off for me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)