Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Layaway-Walmart VS Kmart

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM
  • 53 Replies

I don't know if ALL walmarts did it, but alot of the ones around here did away with layaway for years. Now it's back! I usually do mine at kmart, but now I'm wondering if that'll change. (for christmas shopping) Kmart tends to hike up the prices on toys, I always see a significant differenct between the two stores. Kmart you can put anything on layaway. The new policy for walmart is that EACH item you put on layaway must be $15 or more and ONLY toys and electronics can be put on layaway. I'm still stumped on who to go with. walmart is usually my go to place for everything. Kmart is out of my way and our kmart is not organized or clean at all. which would you go with?

My Name is Brittany...I'm a 23 year old mom to Emma, Wife to Michael, and Disney Fanatic. I love God, My family, My friends and I'm grateful for everything I have! God-Bless Everyone!

by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I have not done layaway at either place.

seoulmom
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:10 PM
I'm thinking about doing walmart layway...we don't have a kmart close anymorebut if we did I might use them esp for clothes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffaniTerena
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM
I don't know just yet, this will be my first year putting up a Christmas layaway. I think WalMart has better prices though honestly.

kgmmw
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Im going to do both places
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barnwell84
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:05 PM

If I do, I will be using Wal-Mart because of convienence.  Wal-Mart is down the street; K-Mart is about an hour away.

slw123
by Shawna on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I have never used layaway so I don't know who is better.

Shellness
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I did not know that! I don't like the rules though.

tttsmommy
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:11 PM

im gonna do wm cause with the layway i can use hubbys discount card.

Miss-B
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I would go to Walmart!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:47 PM

I've never used layaway at either place. I would do Walmart because it is only 10 minutes away and Kmart is a half hour and not a direction I go in often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)