Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Last-Minute Halloween Tips

Posted by   + Show Post

I have been known to procrastinate, especially when something’s on the calendar for a long time. Like Christmas shopping, for example, it’s not a surprise it’s coming; but I’m always out the week before picking up gifts. My husband’s birthday, same day ever year, yet you’ll find me the day before trying to find him a small something or other. And here we go again, Halloween is right around the corner, yet I haven’t done a thing.

If you’re a last-minute Lucy, like me, here are the three things you need to do to get ready for Halloween, fast.

Get Halloween costumes. If your kids don’t have costumes yet, don't worry. Inventory might be low, but you’re sure to find a costume on sale you and your baby loves.

Buy candy. If you don’t have any candy on hand, what are you going to give the neighborhood kids? Pick up some candy, two kinds, pour it into a bow, and you'll be all set for when that bell rings.

Decorate. Pick up a few pumpkins and string up some orange holiday lights. If your kids are old enough, have them draw ghosts and tape them to the windows. This will help everyone get in the spirit.

There's still time, so don't worry!

What are you doing this year for Halloween?

by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Oct. 27, 2011 at 3:20 PM

we are going out trick or treating though

brieri
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 4:04 PM

i tall depends iif any kids come to the door.  If they do, they are going to be trapped in a cell. lol

alliesmom112
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Great tips!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alliesmom112
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM
We have already had 2 parties, and trunk or treat on Saturday, then trick or treating on monday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Woodbabe
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 10:46 PM

We do a front yard halloween potluck...we put the chiminea for a fire in the driveway to huddle around and we pass out beer to the adults and candy to the kids!

bchic24
by Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 11:12 PM

We have a cemetery out front with ghosts that look like they are coming up from some of the graves. All of the tombstones were hand made and say things like Here lies my sister she was just fine til dracula kissed her. Or Mary Mary quite contrary how does your garden grow? Quite well I bet since it's well fed with your body down below. And there are some skeletons crawling out of the ground with a fence around it with green lights. We also have a witches corner where we have a cauldron hanging from sticks over a fake fire and all of it has fog and strobe lights. And that's just what we did in the yard!!!! We go all out lol.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Oct. 27, 2011 at 11:17 PM
We've carved one of our pumpkins, I have half of DD's costume but the rest I still need to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shineyllamatues
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I still need to let the kids do their pumpkins. We dont have the money to get anything more this year and I dont have any(being young mom sucks sometimes) But we have all three kids' costumes. DS1 and DS2 are going has dragons (thats what DS1 has been for the last two years and they still fit so we are going with it) DD is going to be a fairy (my mom got her a really pretty dress and wings) and I have candy and glow bracelets for the kids. We live on a marine base but its still easy to loose kids so mine will be glowing.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 28, 2011 at 10:19 PM

we don't do much for Halloween, just trick or treat around the block.

PEEK05
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM

We are going to my mom's house because my DH is working until closing, so we are going over there and taking the kids trick-or-treating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)