• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attention, geeky moms.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
For graphic design geeks with no money, check out paint.net. And for music lovers and composers who are also broke, try Anvil Studio. If you want to make your own MP3 ringtones from any song you want, then do audacity.com, also need to download a free MP3 converter for this, but they're everywhere on the Net. They are all free to download with no strings attached, no stupid ads or anything. These three programs kept me entertained as long as I had a computer (insert sad music here). Great for kids and big kids who like to be creative, and no internet connection is required after any of them have been downloaded. You won't be sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nomadbrat83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM
I've done paint.net before. Never heard of the others
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM

picnik.com is another cool site for editing pics

Totallysmitten
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Also, with Audacity, you can record your voice, and then chipmunk yourself. SOOO funny. Especially if you sing a song with somebody and harmonize. You can also use those for ringtones. I've made some really good ringers with Audacity. Probably hundreds of people have one, because usually, if it's funny it goes viral. Anvil Studio deals with polyphonic, or midi (video game) music. SOOO fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Yep I know some moms that use it

Quoting mommyprice09:

picnik.com is another cool site for editing pics

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Totallysmitten
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:28 AM
I wish there was a good graphics editor for my samsung touch phone. I could have so much fun with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:56 AM

very cool

Quoting Totallysmitten:

Also, with Audacity, you can record your voice, and then chipmunk yourself. SOOO funny. Especially if you sing a song with somebody and harmonize. You can also use those for ringtones. I've made some really good ringers with Audacity. Probably hundreds of people have one, because usually, if it's funny it goes viral. Anvil Studio deals with polyphonic, or midi (video game) music. SOOO fun.

http://raysofsunshineanp.blogspot.com/
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I just downloaded paint.net but have no idea how to use it.

critter_boo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM

thanks

our3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Geeky ?? I am into technology and all that but wouldnt consider myself a Geek. I do play with picknic and a few other free photo editing sites.

aj23
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM
Thanks for sharing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)