• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fil

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM
  • 22 Replies

iam at a loss as to what to get him. my hubby even has no idea this man has done so much for us iam just not sure ideas? what are you getting your fil or dad

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Maybe a nice suitcase if he travels alot, a nice family portrait painted... like they did in the 1800s... nice wallet, make a wooden tree and hang up giftcards from different stores, restaurant and decorate the tree with it..

mamivon2
by Sandra on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM

A grandfather clock

mamivon2
by Sandra on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM

mittens, hat, scarfs etc

our3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Unfortunately DH's dad died a year before I met him. He says we would have gotten along so well.

critter_boo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM

thanks

mommy2two25
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM
I usually get my dad gift cards... its better cuz then he's forced to shop at his favorite stores & buy himself what he needs (home depot or lowes)
Or pics of the kids... he loves showing off his grandbabies!
*he's the only parent I go all out for. He does so much for us. Also, he's the hardest one to buy for cuz he returns everything lol!*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM
bass and pro shop gift card
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM

The ones my dad has appreciated the most has been things about the grandkids, one year each child made a wooden frame and we put their picture in it. We also like to buy him things that he wants but refuses to buy for himself. He's so generous to other people but rarely "spoils" himself. It makes me feel really good to do something for the man who chose to be my dad and continues to do so much for his family.

charlene_kyle
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Gift card

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

My fil we usually get some type of beer that he likes, my dad a shirt and one of those sausgage snack kits things

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)