Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving crafts for kids.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you do special Thanksgiving crafts with your kids? If so what are some of the things  you do with them? 

I might look up some stuff to do this year. Not sure yet though. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM

not anything traditional...his preschool might send home something im sure

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM
I'm going to do some with DD this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SMLemos
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I seen a cute one last weekend.  It was a cut out of dad, mom and kids hand prints used as the feathers of the turkey.  I think we are going to do that.  Here is an example of one, I think we will use the foam though to make ours.  

ColieO
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM
We are making Christmas ornaments this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM

That is really cute.

Quoting SMLemos:

I seen a cute one last weekend.  It was a cut out of dad, mom and kids hand prints used as the feathers of the turkey.  I think we are going to do that.  Here is an example of one, I think we will use the foam though to make ours.  

ashleymosq
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I remember making them when I was a kid. We would get pins, sequense, and foam balls. 

Quoting ColieO:

We are making Christmas ornaments this year.

Iconoclast
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM
We don't have a tradition but we will be doing alot. I am planning on a craft every other day (stuff to put around the house to get us in the spirit) until Thanksgiving Day. I am going to try to connect my kids' school topics with some of the crafts. And once thanksgiving is over we start again with christmas.
We will probably do a colorful garland and handprint turkey. Paint leaves and painting with leaves. And other Internet suggestions.
BeachMama05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM

we usually dont but I would love to see some ideas so we can start

BeachMama05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM

how cute I love this idea

Quoting SMLemos:

1stTimeMomma08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM

usally we make a center peice for the table with pinecones and leaves and those llittle fake berries for thanks giving, this year i want to try and weave a placemat or 2 with constuctiion paper, i remember doing that when i was in school and it was funn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)