• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey kiddo I dont mind you playing at my house but....Update

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM
  • 35 Replies

Almost every day after school around 3pm this kid comes to our door asking if my son can come out and play.. I dont mind at all..today he showed up again.. then he goes on telling me that his parents are leaving to go somewhere... Kinda like well they are leaving I need a place to hang till they get back..

I told him no not right now my son still has homework and chores... It would have been different if his parents came up to my house and talked to me..

Update; So the kid did go home and he did go with his mom... he was back a short time later maybe 15min later... I have met his mom the first time on sunday and I talked to her some more this afternoon.. They are actually a pretty nice normal family.. not many people are that way in our neighborhood

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anniebel22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM
How old is the kid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM

8 or 9

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM

We use to have a neighbor child like that. I felt so sorry for him. They home schooled as do we but he was always at our house so I have no clue when they actually did school. He would come over every morning wanting my kids to play and mornings for us is when we get most of our lessons done. One morning he came by and said his mom's at work and dad hasn't come home from work yet, can he come inside? WHat was I to say? I let him in and we took a break from school. COme to find out, dad went to bed as soon as he came home while mom worked. The child was often left alone day after day because he was under strict orders to never wake daddy. Dad would wake up about the time mom came home form work, about 5ish. :(

mamivon2
by Sandra on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM

See this is crazy

Quoting rebeccasmly:

We use to have a neighbor child like that. I felt so sorry for him. They home schooled as do we but he was always at our house so I have no clue when they actually did school. He would come over every morning wanting my kids to play and mornings for us is when we get most of our lessons done. One morning he came by and said his mom's at work and dad hasn't come home from work yet, can he come inside? WHat was I to say? I let him in and we took a break from school. COme to find out, dad went to bed as soon as he came home while mom worked. The child was often left alone day after day because he was under strict orders to never wake daddy. Dad would wake up about the time mom came home form work, about 5ish. :(

CafeMom Tickers
Anniebel22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM
I can't imagine leaving my kid alone like that. How sad :(

Quoting mamivon2:

8 or 9

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Omg that is just horrible :(

Quoting rebeccasmly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I would have done the same thing.

wandep
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Same here.

Quoting bether89:

I would have done the same thing.

dixiegurl223626
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I agree

Quoting Anniebel22:

I can't imagine leaving my kid alone like that. How sad :(

Quoting mamivon2:

8 or 9

ashleymosq
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Wow that is just crazy. I would have done the same thing. It's not a big deal that the kid came over, but it was the fact that the parents assumed it was ok while they went to the store. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)