Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

never thought to clean there!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM
  • 29 Replies

i keep my house pretty clean.  it's in no way immaculate but it's clean.  lived in clean!  but i've discovered lately that there are some places i need to clean that i never considered. 

we have a soap dish that's attached to the wall in our bathroom.  the other day in the shower i dropped my razor & when i picked it up i noticed that underneath the soap dish was all moldy & mildewy.  though we never use that soap dish i do clean it when i clean the tub, it does get hard water stains on it, but never thought to look underneath it.

another place i never thought to clean was the dishwasher, in particular the area between the bottom of the door & the unit itself.  gross!!  filled with all kinds of slime & gunk.  cleaned it out with bleach & an old toothbrush.  couldn't get to it all since the dishwasher is next to the wall but did the best i could.

so what are some things, some places, you never thought to clean before?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM

The bathroom is the 1 spot I hate to have to clean.  Ugh... I feel like there are so many spots you can miss. 

HeartCharmMama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

That one is a tricky spot!!!! I make sure to spray extra Lysol Mildew Remover with Bleach. It smells very potent but it works.

abernathyvanna
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:39 PM

At least you know about it from now on! :) 

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:42 PM

There are spots here that get overlooked I am sure, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

There are spots here that get overlooked I am sure, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. 

hence them getting overlooked! ;o)

wandep
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM

The toilet paper holder!

mommyof3-2008
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:04 PM
Everywhere lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DelilahsMom4108
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Well I do have this one spot inbetwwen my bathroom sink and the wall, they built this apartment so oddly that I have a space big enough to collect gunk but not big enough to reach anything to clean!

aidansmommy219
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:10 PM

i always forget about the doorways and the ceiling. seriously by the time i remember that those need swept too it looks like a halloween house. im so ashamed..lol

aidansmommy219
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:10 PM

bahahaha love it!!

Quoting mommyof3-2008:

Everywhere lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)