• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black friday survial guide tips and tricks :)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM
  • 41 Replies

Hello all, as were, ok alot of us are eagerly stalking all the blackfriday ad sites, trying to find out who has the best deals and steals around, I have noticed there are alot of NON crazy day shoppers, and there are some newbies and some thinking about going out. I thought maybe we could compile a little list of our tips and trick to help others out.

Black friday can be a very indimidating day, its crazy, its insane, its hectic, its sometimes an all out brawl over the last toy, yes some women get into fist fights. My oldest child is 10 and my middle child is 8, I have been doing it for about 8 years now, I have learned a few tricks along the way that have saved me time, money and having to get scrappy! lol. please feel free to add yours too. us moms need all the help we can get.

If you can, shop with a friend. I used to have my bff as my right hand, we would compare our lists, figure out where we were going and plan out our routes for that early morning/day.

If you do have a shopping partner have someone get in line, and another person be a runner. that way your getting your stuff, and getting out before your waiting in line for 2 hours trying to check out. 

Find out what time each stores sale starts and plan your trip as to who opens 1st, uless you  need something that is more important and you need to stand in line. wich brings me to this tip,

If you know others who are going out, get together and be each others pick ups. 2 or 3 people in different places at the same time is a great thing, it saves you gas and time. and your all helping each other out.

DO not shop with children, they slow you down, yeah i know we love the kiddos but if you can at all avoid it, leave them home with Hubby.

make a list and carry the store circulars with you in the car. remember walmart price matches, even on black friday. so if you can save time by doing that, thats great. just remember to bring your circulars.

Wear comfy clothes, sweats or lounge pants with pockets are great. bringing a big bulky purse with you gets to be a pain in the butt when your digging for stuff, it also makes you a target.

for the love of god eat something. dont forget that, nothing is worse then being hungry and cranky with a bunch of people around.

I know its easier said then done, but dont browse. if you take the time to slow down and lollygag, chances are your not going to get the deals your seaking and your going to be waiting in them horrid lines.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alliesmom112
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Great tips. Black Friday is a family event for the women in our family. On thanksgiving night we all sit down go through the ads makes lists of what we need and decide who is going where.

It is always great fun and a day I look forward to all year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Great tips..

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:54 PM

great tips. I am excited. 

angel_eyez
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM

grt post!

mommyprice09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM

aww sounds fun!

Quoting alliesmom112:

Great tips. Black Friday is a family event for the women in our family. On thanksgiving night we all sit down go through the ads makes lists of what we need and decide who is going where.

It is always great fun and a day I look forward to all year

http://raysofsunshineanp.blogspot.com/
lasombrs
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM

buy what you want and leave! the other items are not good deals and they use it to draw you in and hope you waste money while there. Stick to the plan!

Sam.Marie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Since I live an hour away from 2 big towns (with way more stores, we only have Target, Walmart, Shopko, and Best Buy) I think more people go there so its not that crazy here.

Great tips though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM
My tip is shop cyber Monday instead :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinRox
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:34 PM

This is huge.. sticking to the plan that you set out towards is IMPORTANT!

Quoting lasombrs:

buy what you want and leave! the other items are not good deals and they use it to draw you in and hope you waste money while there. Stick to the plan!

JOIN US ON:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)