Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Forgiving Clothes

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

Did you have a good Thanksgiving? I did ... a little too good. And you know what that means...."fat" clothes.

We all have them ... maybe the morning after a big celebration dinner, maybe at That Time of The Month, or maybe you're just feeling blue and want to get away with feeling as if you're in your PJs. Sweats and yoga pants are an option for stay at home days, but if you have to go to a job, or just don't want to broadcast your "fat day" to the world, you need some real clothes,

I'm a big fan of a short knit dress with leggings. I have a few dresses that work fine on their own in summer and are great paired with a cardigan, leggings and boots for a winter look. Hides my thigh issues, looks stylish, and there's no tight waistband making me cranky. Just remember, leggings are not pants. if you look at your top and think "I would wear pants with this if I weren't wearing leggings" then don't wear leggings, wear pants.

If you have to get a little more dressed-up, stretch twill dress pants are awesome. They look polished, but won't dig in to your waist or cling to your thighs. You can even find some with hidden elastic in the sides if you're really feeling bloated. Add a dressy blouse or camisole and a cardi or jacket, and you don't have to panic if a client calls and wants to see you right then.

What's your go-to "fat day" outfit?

by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bether89
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Jeans and a full  top.

amy7243
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 6:11 AM
Sweats...they are comfy!
jerzeetomato
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:15 AM

all my clothes are "fat" clothes - and I hate it. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM

nice info

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Yoga pants and a hoodie.

johnnybgood
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:27 PM
Um I guess my workout pants and a tank top. I don't have a job, so it's not an issue. Plus I work out really hard so I don't have fat days anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Klynn-whitlow
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I have never tried a sweater dress... may have to go try one on now.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM

pretty much my whole waredrobe! ;o)

Shari55
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Well the opposite has been happening with me....I am losing, so my "forgiving" clothes are getting too big..before I started working again, I just stayed in my pj's so that I didn't have to feel uncomfortable

I love the sweater dress idea and since I am teaching this will be perfect for work.

teacher  Shari,  not just a mom, but also a teacher

karamille
by Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Dark jeans, black top, bright cartigan, pointy toe boots.  Hide the problem spots, lengthen the leg. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)