Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charity

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

DO you donate to charity for christmas? Or any time of the year? I think it's something that should be done. If you have a home and food in your home I think you can give a little back, even if it's just $1.

I'm asking today because I was at a store and the cashier asked the lady in front of me if she'd like to donate a dollar to St. Judes, and this lady snapped back SO rudely with the response "You all need to stop asking that crap, I have my own problems to worry about!" and let me say this lady pulled out a HUGE wad of cash to pay for her stuff. which was pretty much all luxury items and used her FS card o pay for food (not bashing) but she couldn't give up $1 out of the $300 or more she had? It's heartbreaking to me. I do not have alot of money myself but give whatever I can, I never turn it down.

So please spread some love! lol

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Well her attitude will bite her in the butt one day.. Kharma is a bitch you ..

yes I do donate things.. We have this thing going here once a year... where you put a grocery bag filled with food outside and the mailman picks it up...  our local church has a bin and I toss some food in it..

I give a few dollars to those bell ringers in front of walmart..

one year I picked an old lady from a wishing tree.. I think she wanted a blanket

I was chosen for a influencer to get a toy and donate

so yes I donate...

lasombrs
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:15 PM

i usually dont have cash to give at stuff like that. but i always go through and donate food we bought and then dont eat in a month, constantly go through clothes and donate those as the kids outgrow them (2 yo and 5 mo it happens almost monthly lol) and I give whatever change i can rustle up to any kid/cause at intersections and bell ringers at stores

chiquis
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Yes I do. Cash. Clothes. Toys. And my time when I can. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elijahsmama09
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Yep! I love giving. It makes me feel great. I always pick a family in need and get them items for Christmas. This is year I am making a basket of items for a friend who is in hard times/bad luck, and I want to pick an elderly person off a giving tree.

wandep
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Not this year we don't...dh was laid off from work.

HappyMama85
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:03 PM

If I had more money myself I certainly would. Usually I'll give a $1 or 2 when I can though.

Liansmommie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:01 PM

The are several food drives we support and we recycle many things through good will. This time of year I always have change on hand. Lian cannot pass up a bell ringer this time of year. We don't have much to spare but he gives so joyously that I can't take that away from him.

Lisa0626
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:14 PM

We do when we can. My dd's school actually collects a dollar from each student every month to give to the poor. I like that they do this with the kids, it teaches them about charity and help others in need.

hfaddis
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:56 PM

our dollar tree has it set up where you can buy a toy at the register when you check out to be given to military families who have parents deployeed and such, and i try to get at least one anytime i shop there, we also took our boys to the mall and picked an angel off the angel tree and went shopping for her, my younger 2 really didnt understand but I explained to my 3.5year old and I think he got it for the most part =) we will continue to do that every year we are able =) 

elasmimi
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:59 PM

We try to give throughout the year, but more at Christmas, and mostly through our church. We've done Samaritan's purse boxes, an ornament off the Angel tree, and a few other projects. I agree, Karma is a b***h, and we reap what we sew.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)