Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using what you have to make a great meal, please share

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:17 AM
  • 14 Replies

I did not feel like going grocery shopping yesterday so I got creative and just used what I had and I was very pleasantly surprised, this is what I made, I had a few potatoes so I fried them up and put them in the bottom of a casserole dish, I made some white rice, and fried some hamburger with an onion and green pepper and spices, I then mixed the hamburger with the rice put it on the potatoes, threw on a little cheddar cheese and baked it with fingers crossed, it was awesome. So do any of have new recipes that have come from lack of food in the fridge? 

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetpea1269
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM
I love doing that! I made shep's pie "clearing out the cabinets", well my own version anyway
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Well, I threw a bag of beans in the crockpot, and I'm making cornbread with it.  I love winter because those foods are yummy!

our3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I do that all the time. And not just because I dont want to shop. DH loves when I make up recipes. My DD wants to be a chef on TV when she grows up sowe do alot of creative cooking.

angelbabies14
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:53 AM
This is the only way I cook! I love cooking this way. It never gets boring! We have a very limited diet because of my son severe food allergies so any way I can mix it up and make it better for the family, I do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:10 AM

i do that stuff too

MamaBear2cubs
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My Mom makes this yummy dish with potatoes,sour cream and hamburger meat.

I like to make elbow macaroni noodles, jar salsa and jar cheese melted with shredded cheddar on top.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Yum

mamivon2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:10 PM

I do that too.. its actually quiet fun.. :)

bnt2000
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM

I'm trying that!

piercedbeauty21
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, that sounds really good. I have all those things too. I might just try that with a can of cream of mushroom soup added in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)