Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not sure which is worse!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:03 PM
  • 15 Replies

my husband & i went out last night xmas shopping for the kids.  we hired a sitter & we're going to make a night of it.  it was the first time we've been out together, without kids, since i had my daughter in '03.  it didn't end up being the night out we had thought.  he wanted to take me out to eat at a place we generally wouldn't go with the kids but my stomach wasn't feeling too hot so we skipped dinner.  anyways, we got the shopping done, all except for some candy for their stockings.  generally i'll do the shopping for them & even though i show my husband what i got he'll still go out & pick up things, getting them more than they need & spending more than i wanted to.  he hardly got presents growing up so he likes to make sure the kids have the birthday's & holidays he didn't.  i thought by us going together we could avoid that this year.  well he kept putting things in the cart, which i kept taking out!  drove me nuts!! ;o)  we ended up getting them more than i wanted to but spent less than what i had budgeted so it all worked out, i guess!  not sure which is worse though, shopping with my husband or without him!

anyone else have to deal with gift happy s/o at the holidays?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Oh I know what you mean.. Mine is the same way.. He sees something and says: oh she or he (the kids) would like that.. I 90% know they dont.. and Im most the time right.. but if I tell him.. hey get this 5$ toy Jessica really likes that.. oh no she has to have this.. which she of course wont like...

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM

frustrating huh?!  i prefer to get the kids toys they'll play with for a long while.  not only for the winter break!

Quoting mamivon2:

Oh I know what you mean.. Mine is the same way.. He sees something and says: oh she or he (the kids) would like that.. I 90% know they dont.. and Im most the time right.. but if I tell him.. hey get this 5$ toy Jessica really likes that.. oh no she has to have this.. which she of course wont like...

Kristen1010
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
You guys haven't been on a date for 7 years? :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM
dealing with my dad is very annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM

sad to say no.  we went out for our first anniversary in april of '04.  that was the last & only kid free time  we each go out with the guys/girls but never get to go together.  we don't have family around to watch the kids for us & until recently didn't know any sitters.  we don't really have the $$ to pay for sitters either but made an exception last night.  even though we didn't go out to eat we still had fun. 

Quoting Kristen1010:

You guys haven't been on a date for 7 years? :(

rebeccasmly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM

DH doesn't do any shopping so I'm lucky. :)

Glad you got to go out together last night, even if you weren't feeling that great.

styler7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:52 PM
My husband is always gift happy. Always..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookaboosMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:03 PM

My dh is more of the year round gifter.  He is always buying stuff for dd....he spoils her rotten.....and most of it just sits in a toy box because she has never been one to play with Toys.  The only toy I ever see her play with is her lego blocks

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Save your reciepts! LOL 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 4:50 PM

lol!  no need to, i vetoed about half of what he picked up & put back much of what he put in the cart.  he may know what the kids like but he doesn't know very well what holds their interest!

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

Save your reciepts! LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)