Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

---10 Unbelievable Reactions to Movies---

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:33 PM
  • 18 Replies

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/12/01/unbelievable-reactions-to-movies?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%7C117448

10 Unbelievable Reactions to Movies

Posted Dec 1st 2011 5:40PM

Have you heard? The birth scene from 'Breaking Dawn Part 1' is causing seizures. Apparently, the intense nature of the scene -- liberal use of flashing lights -- has made people pass out in theaters. Unfortunately, 'Breaking Dawn' isn't the only film to elicit extreme reactions from moviegoers; some people faint, others cry, and a few completely freak out when faced with anything graphic. From 'The Exorcist' (fainting) to 'Human Centipede 2' (more fainting) to 'The Passion of the Christ' (death -- seriously) Moviefone presents 10 Unbelievable Reactions to Movies.

1 of 10

'The Exorcist'

During a 1974 screening of this horror classic, an audience member apparently passed out in the movie theater, breaking his jaw in the process. He sued Warner Bros., eventually settling out of court for an undisclosed amount

2 of 10

'127 Hours'

The scene where James Franco's character is forced to amputate his own arm did not sit well with many moviegoers, some of whom passed out or vomited during the gruesome sequence.

3 of 10

'Breaking Dawn Part 1'

Most tween girls swoon at the thought of Edward and Bella. However, it was this movie's graphic birth scene that really caused a ruckus, prompting some viewers to have seizures. 

4 of 10

'2001: A Space Odyssey'

Last year, at a '2001' screening in Los Angeles, one acid-addled audience member went crazy during the final scene. Granted, you could make the case that it was the drug, and not the movie itself, that did this (although, the end of Stanley Kubrick's space epic is pretty ridiculous). Unfortunately, the YouTube video of this has since been removed. 

5 of 10

'Saw 3D'

Although each 'Saw' film has its fair share of gore, it was 'Saw 3D' that really caused viewers to lose it. At one UK cinema, employees were forced to call ambulances three separate times due to moviegoers passing out 

6 of 10

'Shame'

This movie has been getting buzz due to its graphic sexual nature (a.k.a. Michael Fassbender nude), but back in September, when it was first screened at TIFF, one viewer passed out during the film's final, uncomfortable scene. Hopefully there are no repeat occurrences when 'Shame' opens this weekend. 

7 of 10

'Grace'

This 2009 horror movie, about a woman who gives birth to a stillborn baby who loves drinking blood, proved too much for two viewers at Sundance, who passed out during the film 

8 of 10

'Frozen'

Another horror film that caused filmgoers to faint, 'Frozen' tells the story of three skiers stranded high atop a ski lift. Eventually, one of the skiers jumps to try and find help, breaking his leg in the process. He is then eaten by a pack of wolves. 

9 of 10 

'Human Centipede II (Full Sequence)'

During a September screening of this infamous horror sequel, a woman ended up fainting due to the movie's graphic nature, which features a man surgically attaching human beings to one another. 

10 of 10 

'The Passion of the Christ'

Mel Gibson's religious epic elicited a variety of reactions from critics, moviegoers and members of the Jewish and Christian communities. However, it was a screening at a Kansas cinema that really made headlines. During the film's climactic crucifixion scene, a 56-year-old woman had a heart attack and died.    

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
styler7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Interesting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:49 PM

wow

PookaboosMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Holy wowzers.  Some people just aren't meant to watch graphic movies, lol

jmomma2003
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM
ooOOoo-kay, I can't wait to see Michael Fassbender in Shame...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM
Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I agree.

Quoting PookaboosMom:

Holy wowzers.  Some people just aren't meant to watch graphic movies, lol

our3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:15 PM

um ok

hfaddis
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 PM

i will just say breaking dawn was disappointing to me =( i think they could have done a much better job following the book, not adding stuff that wasn't there and adding more from the book itself. plus there were several visual details i noticed messed up, And they have released bits and pieces of photos from part 2 and its already very different =(

mommyprice09
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Quoting styler7:

Interesting!

http://raysofsunshineanp.blogspot.com/
Jerichos_Mommy
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I guess some people are overly sensative.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)