Smarter Style: Workout Gear That Works It

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're like, well,everybody, your New Year's resolution probably involves trying to get more exercise. And if you haven't darkened the door of the gym in awhile, you might be surprised to discover that fashions change in workout wear just like with anything else.

Here's a hint: The big T-shirt and bike shorts you wore to do step aerobics many years ago is going to make it obvious you haven't hit the gym since the 1990s, and those ratty sweats you wear to clean the house just look scary. The good news is that you can find cute, fashionable workout wear just about everywhere, and right now is a good time to score deals because everyone else wants to get back in shape and look cute doing it too!

Glamour Magazine staffers asked their fitness blogger to track down workout clothes to solve their biggest clothing issues; not surprisingly, some of the biggest problems were appropriate coverage and clothes staying put ...and they found some cute solutions. Fitness Magazine offered tips on the most flattering clothes for different bodies; they advise that pear-shaped types should avoid pants with stripes down the sides (oops!) because it makes your hips look bigger, rectangular types can create the appearance of curves with tanks with ruching down the side, apple shapes should look for loose tops and form-fitting bottoms, and hourglass bodies look great with V-necks.

What's your favorite workout outfit?

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM

My Nike dry fit pants or capris and whatever top! Ok my pink Nike dry fit top!

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I love cute work out clothes!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jan. 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM

awesome

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jan. 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM

yoga pants and a excersise shirt i dont what it is callee

MrsBLB
by Member on Jan. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

shorts or fitted sweats and a t-shirt

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Mine too.

Quoting chiquis:

Currently my danskin yoga stuff .. SOOOOo comfy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Yoga pants and a t shirt

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I have many pairs of VS yoga pants and tops.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM

don't have one, don't have any workout outfits.  i need to get my butt in motion & start working out though so i guess i need to get some workout outfits

dtMOM09
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM

i don't have one. i can't find that right one. i must go shopping at the right place!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: