Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you hide food or do you teach them young?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM
  • 73 Replies
What do you do to get your kids to eat their vegetables? Do you hide it in other food? Or do you make sure they know what they are eating, so they can eat it later on and when they are older?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I gave my kids veggies as babies and toddlers and they loved them.  Now that they are older it is all I can do to get them to eat them, I don't understand how they loved them when they were younger and won't touch them now.

KaylaMillar
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids love veggies. We make them take 3 bites if everything on their plate before saying they don't like it. 8 timed out if 10 they'll finish it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
our3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

IMy kids know dinner is dinner. What I give you is what you get and you gonna try all of it. I have never hid veg's. I cook them on the side and scoop them on the plate. I'v never had a problem with my kids eating their food. I also try to make at least 4 new meals a week that we've never had before.

chiquis
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
No hiding. They have to taste everything an if they don't like it they don't eat it. But they love most veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

they are awesome aboiut eating them

critter_boo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

us too

Quoting chiquis:

No hiding. They have to taste everything an if they don't like it they don't eat it. But they love most veggies.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM

After about age 3 they have to eat their veggies before they eave the table. Thhey like some of them, so we try to serve those ones often

ceciliam
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I do both.

angelbabies14
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Veggies have been a big part of my kids lives from the first time they ever touched solid foods. I did it for multiple reasons, its healthy and it would be easier as they grew older to not have to *force* them to eat them. I grew up with veggies so it was just a normal way of life. We also deal with severe food allergies and all the foods in our home are healthy and fresh because we have no choice. I have never had to hide veggies, thank goodness! My kids are 8, 3 and 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this
oh and I also find it cute that my 2 and 3 year olds think that fruits and veggies are dessert. they ask "mommy if we eat all our dinner can we have carrots for dessert?" :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)