Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Valentine's Day

Posted by   + Show Post

Valentine's Day hasn't really changed since I was in school, which was a long, long time ago. Kids still give out treats of candy, cookies, or cupcakes and Valentine's Day cards to their friends. As an adult, I'm jaded by this "holiday" but for kids, it's a sweet tradition and one we should help them enjoy.

Let your kids have an active part in this. Let them pick out the cards they want to send, or maybe they want to make their own. Printables lets you print out adorable options from home. There are some cute DIY cards that let you mix the card and treat, like this lollipop and flower card, which is a sweet idea.

Do you usually get your kids something for Valentine's day? If so, make sure you get them something that is in theme with the day. If they like Legos, for example, Lego Friends is a great treat. And what little girl doesn't love jewelry? This heart and key necklace is by Selena Gomez. (She's another little girl favorite.)

Also, nothing says love like heart shaped pancakes (for breakfast or dinner!), or heart shaped grilled cheese. This was one of my favorite things when back when I enjoyed Valentine's Day.

How do you and your kids celebrate Valentine's Day?

*image from FamilyFun Magazine

by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
liz.1986
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Christopher gets to pick out his Vday cards for his class and both my boys get to pick out their own card for Daddy. I usually get them some Vday chocolates and a small toy,but Dh and I don't really do much. We show each other love year round. :)

JenaSmith
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I just buy the kids small chocolate box and we make cards for daddy and grandparents. This year i bought a hand mold kit to decorate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

My kids are still too little so we're just making valentines crafts.  Maybe we'll give them to grandma and grandpa.

critter_boo
by Sarah on Feb. 4, 2012 at 8:43 AM

i get them a small gift like a new book  and leave it on the table

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Feb. 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM
We always go all out on Valentine's Day because that was our first date so many years ago. This dd was super excited to pick.out her own cards and the stuff to go in the treat bags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alliesmom112
by Sandy on Feb. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM
We always get dd a present for Valentine's. This year it will be MLP Twilight Sparkle's hot air balloon night light or the MLP train set.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

We decorate and they have parties at school

Lisa0626
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Okay, so I have been jaded by this money making holiday as well. But, part of me still likes to show people how much I love them. So, I am going to buy my dd a cute little V-day gift and some candy and my dh too of course. I think I will let dd pick out cute V-day cards and lollipops to give out to her class. lol.

LancesMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM

We usually don't. Mine is older. =)

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I have ordered cake pops for her class party with chocolate frosting and a pink heart on top.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)