Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would hope that no one would be getting an IRS refund check in the hundreds. If you are, you need to change your withholdings. Why should you allow the government to use your money all year?

I have known people who brag about getting back hundreds of dollars. The government is using your money interest free. Why not have the correct amount held out and use the rest to get debt free?

♥Joyce♥
Deals & Steals - Group Owner
D&S Coupon Swappers - Group Owner
Join us on Smarter Living! - Group Mod 
Join us in M.O.M. Moments of Motherhood - Group Mod

by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
sweetpea1269
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I like getting the money back, to me its just like a savers club, the money goes, I don't miss it and I get a sizable check at the beginning of the year. If I had it in my check, it would surely be spent and not saved. I have no problem with the whole interest free loan thing. To me its win-win. Sure interest would be nice but, like I said if it were up to me...we'd have nothing saved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessPeach06
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM
My hubby claims all of us and we get $4000-$5000 back (they don't take out much at all). He claims 0 for state but only because everyone we know always seems to owe the state and we don't want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama032908
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM

This!! :)

Quoting aubsmom09:

We like to even out or get a small refund at the end of the year.  I like to be in control of our money and not have the IRS in control of it for the whole year.

Some of my friends like to get a big refund because they go on vacation with it, pay for something with cash, etc.  and they won't have to dip into their savings account for it.

I guess you have to decide what is best for your situation.  To those that get back more than they paid in, I'm jealous.  :)

ladybugmom2010
by Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM

You are so right. I work for the Navy and I had to adjust my witholdings because too much was being taken out.

Quoting JHanc968:

If you are getting "hundreds" of dollars back it usually means you are having too much taken out of your paycheck.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

sorry im confused. i dont understand, but then again ive neer paid taxes 

hfaddis
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

We are getting a good amount back but mainly because of the earned income credit. it will help alot on helping us get ahead though =)

lacycc
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I wouldn't be jealous of anyone getting back more than they paid in.   Most people would rather be making what you are making all year and get nothing back then to make so much less that you get more than you paid in. 

critter_boo
by Sarah on Feb. 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM

i like the way it is

nmaxwell816
by Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM
I like being able to look forward to having a large refund
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Feb. 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
"I would hope that no one would be getting an IRS refund check in the hundreds."

Why? It in no way affects you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa0626
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Good advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN