Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The vow (and other new movies)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM
  • 40 Replies

Are you going to see it???

What movies are you waiting for this year??

Me .. the vow, hungar games, MIB 3, battleship, ummm can't remember what else lol.

OMG the avengers duh!! lol and the new batman!!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:22 AM

They come out soooooo quickly on ON DEMAND that I really dont bother going to the movies because if you really think about it, it is cheaper to buy the DVD once they come out, which they also come out quickly as well.

Example--Twilight Breaking Dawn PT1 came out in November and will be out on DVD this Saturday.  Going to the movies is like what $13.50 per adult x 2= $27 and the DVD is only $19.99 plus tax.  I can watch it in the comfort of my own home, more than once, pause and rewind as needed=PRICELESS

Strega
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:26 AM

Yeah, we wait for DVDs too. Can't see spending that much money just to watch a Movie once.

I'm waiting for "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" and "The Vow" to come to DVD.

Quoting MixedCooke:

They come out soooooo quickly on ON DEMAND that I really dont bother going to the movies because if you really think about it, it is cheaper to buy the DVD once they come out, which they also come out quickly as well.

Example--Twilight Breaking Dawn PT1 came out in November and will be out on DVD this Saturday.  Going to the movies is like what $13.50 per adult x 2= $27 and the DVD is only $19.99 plus tax.  I can watch it in the comfort of my own home, more than once, pause and rewind as needed=PRICELESS

wedding website

PhotobucketFollow Me on Pinterest

mamivon2
by Sandra on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:32 AM

There is one I want to see.. Dont remember the name only that the  Harry Potter dude is in it

styler7
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to watch the Denzel one. Can't remember the name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I really want to see "The Vow" too!

Also SnowWhite June 1st or is it June 30th? It's with Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron and the Thor guy.

Rushn311
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM

While I agree about buying the dvd, it's also fun to go to the theaters. I go matinee and my theater charges $7 and it's AMC. Not bad at all. I go for movies I am just excited to see (ex: Breaking Dawn).

Quoting MixedCooke:

critter_boo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM

not sure

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM

We saw the babysitter

Katherine696997
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Quoting MixedCooke:

bouncingsoul
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I havent been to the movies in a longggg time. I really want to see The Vow though! Might go see it on Saturday with some friends. I dont usually go to the movies because it is so expensive..oh and no sitter ha Butttt I really wanna see this movie!! hah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)