Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids consignment sales?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 56 Replies
My city has a group of moms that puts on big consignment sales throughout the year. They hold them at places like high schools. Moms can each sell up to 100 things in the sale. Its really great. We go to every one of them and find really good deals! The sales are huge with lots of baby gear, toys, clothes, books etc. We have one coming up in the spring.

I have lots of clothes that the kids have grown out of. I have never sold at these before but I really want to the only downside is they keep 30% of your profits and you have to work the sale. I want to shop! Not work! So I guess I'll sell the clothes on craigslist or eBay. =(

Do you ever shop at these type of sales or buy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I dont have them here.. but I sure would go

angziety
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM

There is a store here called "R Lil Secret" ... we thought it was a naughty lingerie store at first!  lol!  But it's a kid's consignment store! 

Sorry.. I have nothing to offer as far as your questions.  :)  We always donate or the clothes get used up really well.  Just wanted to mention that poor choice of a store name.. lol.

our3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Not anymore, we are in the country now do its hard to find any good sales and when we do they are a decent drive away.

ae831
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Yes! I love them! We went last year and filled up 2 big Costco recycled bags full of clothes and a stroller full of toys for $175. Some of the clothes were brand new. We have one coming in spring and I cannot wait!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbeck96
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM

We don't have one here, but there is one about 45 minutes from us that I try to go to.  I will definitely be going this year to see if I can find my daughter some school clothes, since she will be starting kindergarten this year and she will need more clothes than usual.

I have went and got 10 outfits(including an Easter dress) and a toy for around 30.00.   They were name brand clothes and some still had the tag.  I will definitely go to get my daughter's Easter dress.  I also try to get her bathing suit and coverups from there since they usually have so many that are new with tags. 

I don't sell at it because they are so picky about the way you have to hang and tag everything.  I just don't have the time for that.  They also keep 40% of your profit.   I also don't sell since it is so far.  I would have to take the stuff and then go back and pick up what didn't sell and my check.  So by the time I drove there two times it is not worth it for me. 

We have on online yard sale for our county and I sell most of my stuff there.

styler7
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM
We don't have them here.. We do eBay :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

We have a ton in our area.  There are two really big ones near me and they each do a sale in the spring and fall.  I was able to get our Peg Perego high chair for $75! However, I don't buy too much at them because they are usually more than garage sales and I'm a huge garage sale shopper for clothes.  Now that DS is getting bigger though, that may not be as much of an option.

JDsmomma07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I have a few here but they only sell adult clothes. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Never done one, but would love to shop there

OliviaW.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I don't because the stuff that they sell around here isn't cared for or has something missing. I don't want to buy clothes that have rips or stains on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN