Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you potty train?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

How do you potty train your kids? This is for moms who have already done it. Do you figure out what style will work best for them or do you pick a style & that's the only thing you use? Did you use train your child in 1 day, 3 day, 1 week programs? Or just go with the flow?

Do you use....Pull Ups, cloth trainers, or undies to train with? Do you use incentive charts, stickers, candy, toys etc to reward or motivate them? Do you use books or dolls?

Do you potty learn first & then follow their lead when they are showing signs or do you pick a time & just do it regardless of whether they're ready? How old was your child when you started & how old when they were PT?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
starreyedcutie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM
The key is to wait until the child is ready. If you start too early it will be hell. My son was potty trained in a day...and my second son took a week. They were around 2 and were anle to tell me they had to go and were able to understand when I explained whay rhey had to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM
I agree. We started with my son when he wasn't ready and we were potty training forever!

Quoting starreyedcutie:

The key is to wait until the child is ready. If you start too early it will be hell. My son was potty trained in a day...and my second son took a week. They were around 2 and were anle to tell me they had to go and were able to understand when I explained whay rhey had to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbell918
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I waited till my son was ready he was almost three and did a modified version of the three method
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I would never make a secret out of it. I always let the door open for them to see what I was doing.. If I saw they were going potty in their diapers I would jump up (great excersise) and rush them to the bathroom (often times too late).. It takes time.. I never punished my childern for any accidents

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)