Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im lost

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
DD will not pick her stuff up or clean her room. Im so tired of teling her and yelling at her all the freakin time! She is turning 4 in a month but she knows how to clean her toys up. She has been doing it since she was 2 so its not new to her. What can i do? I have taken toys away, the tv away and nothing works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Do it with her or sit in her room and talk to her while she does it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Set a timer for 5 minutes, make a game out of it to see how can pick up the most, make sure to let her win! Otherwise you pick it all up. At the end of the timer, stop. Later do it again.

Put it all away and give her 3 things. If she can't keep them picked up, off they go too. When she keeps those cleaned up for 3 days, give her one more.

Make her donate some of her stuff to less fortunate kids.

just some ideas.

thehickinhickor
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM

play the clean up game show her the area you want her to clean and give her a time she needs to be done make it a game it get done faster and if you do it close to bed time it helps ware her out the rest of the way

Godspitgrl
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM
We have done two things that worked the "zupity zoo" game (from little bill) and say "one two zupity zoo" and out it up. And another is get a garbage bag and bag it all up and tell them it's going in the garbage.
slw123
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Mine go through stages...some are good clean up stages and some are bad clean up stages.  Be consistant in your expectations, follow through with her and she'll get back on track.

black.eyeliner
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Time out box for the toys she will not pick up. Take the toys away for a day or two or a week. Whatever time you like. Give them back and do it again until she learns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Make it a contest. Seperate the toys in two piles and see who can put it away properly faster.
Set a timer. Tell her what ever isn't up at the end of the time gets put away and she can't play with them any more. Start with a long Time and slowly make it shorter time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I'd make a game of it a few times and see how she does,if it isn't working throw every toy on the floor and toss them(Or make her think you did).Eventually she will get tierd of having her things taken.

KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Make it a game
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I have sat in there and talked with her or tlked her through it but she just screams and cries she doesnt want to do it. I have tried to help her and she still doesnt do it. She just sits there and now she tells me i should be doing it bc its not her job. I asked her why its my job and she said bc your the mommy not me.

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Do it with her or sit in her room and talk to her while she does it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)