Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Birthday Party

Posted by   + Show Post

Birthdays are for kids. At least that's what I think these days as I push a big bday of my own coming up. My daughter has her own big day quickly approaching; she'll be one. The closer it gets the more I'm thinking about what we'll do to celebrate her first year. I keep coming across some great birthday ideas, for birthdays of all ages, so I thought I'd pass them along to you. (Love the 3D rubber duck cake!)

Homemade invitations. I love this idea that the soon-to-be-birthday-girl makes her own invitations, and puts them in the mail. Pick up some extra-special Birthday Rubber stamps, which will add a special touch to the invite.

Make-Believe birthday. You can gear up for the big day by giving them an early gift of a birthday in a box, complete with fake candles, cake, and spatula for cutting and serving. Perfect for practicing before the big day!  Another great excitement-builder is the birthday countdown placemat.

Cake to remember. If you want to challenge your baking skills, try a 3D duckie cake. Or for an easy birthday treat, try cupcakes, and display them on a cupcake stand. They're fun and easy to serve. Both will delight your guests--old and young.

What was one of your favorite things you did for your child's birthday?

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
Kainalu55
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:35 AM
This is what I want to do!
Quoting chiquis:

My favorite thing we've done is a carnival theme. With a bunch of carnival games and even prizes. The kids loved it.

amy7243
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Pinatas! My kids loved them!
lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:19 AM
We printed invites, and made all the food and cakes, we made cupcakes and did the frosting ourselves, we learned we need more practice and a better frosting kit lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Today at 9:39 AM
by Pam on Mar. 2, 2012 at 8:34 AM

My favorite for my son's birthday was his star wars party. I made the costumes for the kids to wear and we just had a blast.

My daughter's would have to be cookies and tea for me party at a local place here in town. They did everything..I just had to show up. :) We had lots of fun...

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Mar. 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM
We have not really had great bday parties for our kids :( the older two are 5 and4 and heavenly ever had one :( its so hard with Holliday irthdays (around christmas)
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM

When I took her and her little friends to an indoor playground, they had such a great time.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I started making cake pops this year for my DD's 1st birthday, and now EVERYONE has jumped on the band wagon with them.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM

and by that I mean my friends.

Quoting Leelee1008:

I started making cake pops this year for my DD's 1st birthday, and now EVERYONE has jumped on the band wagon with them.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Thanks for the ideas

lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM
we turned our house into the island of sodor. the party room was knapford station, the bathroom was the wash down, the room to nurse and change diapers was the steamworks. i taped streamers on the floor for tracks. handmade ticket invites, thomas cake. he liked it i think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN