Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Birthday Party

Posted by   + Show Post

Birthdays are for kids. At least that's what I think these days as I push a big bday of my own coming up. My daughter has her own big day quickly approaching; she'll be one. The closer it gets the more I'm thinking about what we'll do to celebrate her first year. I keep coming across some great birthday ideas, for birthdays of all ages, so I thought I'd pass them along to you. (Love the 3D rubber duck cake!)

Homemade invitations. I love this idea that the soon-to-be-birthday-girl makes her own invitations, and puts them in the mail. Pick up some extra-special Birthday Rubber stamps, which will add a special touch to the invite.

Make-Believe birthday. You can gear up for the big day by giving them an early gift of a birthday in a box, complete with fake candles, cake, and spatula for cutting and serving. Perfect for practicing before the big day!  Another great excitement-builder is the birthday countdown placemat.

Cake to remember. If you want to challenge your baking skills, try a 3D duckie cake. Or for an easy birthday treat, try cupcakes, and display them on a cupcake stand. They're fun and easy to serve. Both will delight your guests--old and young.

What was one of your favorite things you did for your child's birthday?

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Great ideas

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I love everything about parties!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:09 PM
I made my dd a Hello Kitty cake for her birthday last week.
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I love love decorating.

Mama032908
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Wow! Awesome job ladies!! I made cake pops with the number one on them! They were really sweet!

Jerichos_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 4:46 AM

I love baking and decorating the perfect cake for them

fortunafelidae
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM

This is fun to do, and you can serve things like corn dogs and cotton candy if you can rent a machine.

Quoting chiquis:

My favorite thing we've done is a carnival theme. With a bunch of carnival games and even prizes. The kids loved it.

mommy31210
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:15 AM

its only my daughters second bday comen up. i loved going camping last year for my dds first birthday thought :)

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM

last year we did Alice in Wonderland. This year I guess its Cinderella... We'll see what I can come up with.

As a kid I always wanted a Barbie and Hello Kitty party never had one =(

kast03
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

We always let her decorate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN