Group Home

Smarter Home: Tons of Outdoor Fun

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 72 Replies

Nothing's better than Spring. And though we adults love Spring, I think kids might like it even more. How they tire themselves out after playing outside all day. Most of us wait till May or June to get our  outdoor gear, but it's better to get stuff now. Since it's still early in the season, you can get great bargains. And when that first warm, sunny days creep up, you'll be all set with a backyard full of fun gear.

If your play set has seen better days, it might be time to get a new one. Run down playsets aren't just an eye-sore, they can be dangerous for adventurous kids. One tip on buying a backyard play set: Think about the kids this year and next. Some playsets are really only aimed at really young kids, who can quickly outgrow them. If you're going to spend the money, and time installing them, make sure you take a look at all your options. There are so many to choose from, at all different prices, from the tree-house adventure play set, to the more advanced Play zone swing sets.

Anothe backyard must-have is a kid-sized picnic table. I have found that the ones with the umbrellas are very useful, especially if it will be in direct sunlight. Besides eating at the table, kids can do crafts, do puzzles, and play games at their very own table. (If it gets dirty, you can just hose it down. How's that for easy cleanup?!)

Other fun stuff includes one of my all-time favorite toys to play with, the sandbox. Kids also love trampolines, and the Having a Ball playland.   

What do your kids enjoy playing with outdoors?

by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM

My son loves his riding lawnmower, bike and razor scooter.

My daughter loves her bike, playing soccer, football and just running.

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 4:47 AM

My son just likes to be outside. He doesn't care what he's doing, as long as he's outside.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:30 AM

My kids love playing outside.

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM

My son likes his power jeep, moonsand, soccer, baseball, sidewalk chalk and in the Summer we are out by the pool every day.

slw123
by Shawna on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM

hula hoops and scooters

wendums1229
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Quoting onecuteladybug2:

My son just likes to be outside. He doesn't care what he's doing, as long as he's outside.

mine too lol

mommyprice09
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM
my son loves all his outdoor toys. i love that his bday is in spring so we can buy all kinds of outdoor things
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM
I'd love a trampoline but I'm afraid the neighbors kids will go in my yard and hurt themselves
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Our kids love the swingset, sand box, and just running around. We love spring.

amy7243
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:34 PM

My kids love to be outside in the summer! The trampoline is their favorite. They love playing sports too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80