Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not a good year so far for my little guy

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM
  • 16 Replies

so far this year my little guy has had one trip to the er & one to urgent care; two injuries, 6 stitches total.  if that wasn't enough he's had 2 episodes of high fever with no other symptoms, 3 bouts of diarrhea -lasting for a few days & 2 of vomiting -which only lasted a day.  he's a healthy eater, preferring vegetables & fruits to sweets & no one else in the home has had any "tummy issues", so i think he may have something going on internally with his digestive system but hate to put him through tests to figure out what's up. 

any other mamas out there have little ones with frequent "tummy issues"?  if so any advice?

by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Mar. 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Yikes! poor guy. hwo old is he? does he have any food aversions that you know of? My DD was having alot of diahreah when she started drinking whole milk, we figured out that she has a slight lactos intoleranace, so we get her lactose free milk. she took prefers fruits and veggies also. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM

he's 4 1/2.  i did have the thought it might be lactose related.  when he has these issues i do withold dairy, especially "soft dairy" like milk, yogurt, etc. till he's better.  but when he's back to eating/drinking it all again it doesn't seem to effect him.  unless he has to "build it up" in his system before it bothers him.

Quoting Leelee1008:

Yikes! poor guy. hwo old is he? does he have any food aversions that you know of? My DD was having alot of diahreah when she started drinking whole milk, we figured out that she has a slight lactos intoleranace, so we get her lactose free milk. she took prefers fruits and veggies also. 

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Mar. 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Poor kid:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy7243
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Oh no! Sorry he is going thru all this.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 6:52 AM

My DD has tummy issues that trigger when she eats dairy.  So we have to limit her dairy and that seems to help.  She is 12 and has had them since she was a baby.

I do hope that your DS feels better.

hfaddis
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

hope he has a better rest of the year

proudmommy690
by Christa on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM
:( poor little guy. i hope he gets better and stays better for a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azpreemiemom
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Poor baby. My best guess is that he caught a couple of tummy bugs.

lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I'm sorry :( my son has a fever disorder and i know how much unknown stuff and constant dr visits suck

dixiegurl223626
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Hope he has a better rest of the year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN