Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Wake Up Your Morning Routine

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you find yourself repeatedly running out the door in a mismatched outfit, or better yet, yesterday’s yoga pants that you picked up off the floor. (Not that you went to yoga, but those pants are so darn comfortable!) Forget makeup, or doing more than a ponytail with your hair. Who has time? Most days you feel its an accomplishment if you just get out of the house with kids in tow.

It’s time to change that morning routine, or rather tweak your routine. First, please take a shower. You will be more awake, alive, and refreshed after dousing yourself with some soap and water. And, many days, you don’t have to do the whole shampoo then condition thing, just condition every other day. (It cuts time, and keeps hair healthier, too.)

Buy a super-absorbant hair towel. Costing only about $20, it will cut the time it takes for your hair to dry in half. Wrap your hair in one when you get out of the shower, and don’t take it off till after you’ve dressed and put makeup on. Don’t feel the need to blow dry till bone dry, do the front face-framing sections. Even if you pull it into a ponytail, or clip it up, it will look neater if the front is dry.

Speaking of makeup, if you’re short on time, a quick once-over with an everyday concealer for face and under eyes, a quick brush of natural bronzer on cheeks, nose, and forehead, and a dab of sheer gloss (or chapstick) on your lips, will let you look and feel pulled together. Forget eyeliners, lash curlers, and eye shadow--anything that takes precision, takes time.

What’s your morning routine like?

by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-45):
didda_40
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Well my morning is prety cruzy I get up do some work on my computer with a cofee of cource in my pjs thenhave a shower go for a walk and come home to do a bit of house work

gagiewagiemom
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I have always done my hair and makeup, and dressed nice.  My job requires it, and I also do it on days off, but maybe a scaled down version.  I still get kids ready and we shower and lay everything out the night before.  We are up by 630 and out the door by 730.  I would not leave th house without at least blowdrying my hair.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

maybe i should use some make up lol

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Our morning routine is very relaxed.

elijahsmama09
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I am a SAHM, so a shower everyday is sometimes the extent of my beauty routine, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)