Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Wake Up Your Morning Routine

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 45 Replies
2 moms liked this

Do you find yourself repeatedly running out the door in a mismatched outfit, or better yet, yesterday’s yoga pants that you picked up off the floor. (Not that you went to yoga, but those pants are so darn comfortable!) Forget makeup, or doing more than a ponytail with your hair. Who has time? Most days you feel its an accomplishment if you just get out of the house with kids in tow.

It’s time to change that morning routine, or rather tweak your routine. First, please take a shower. You will be more awake, alive, and refreshed after dousing yourself with some soap and water. And, many days, you don’t have to do the whole shampoo then condition thing, just condition every other day. (It cuts time, and keeps hair healthier, too.)

Buy a super-absorbant hair towel. Costing only about $20, it will cut the time it takes for your hair to dry in half. Wrap your hair in one when you get out of the shower, and don’t take it off till after you’ve dressed and put makeup on. Don’t feel the need to blow dry till bone dry, do the front face-framing sections. Even if you pull it into a ponytail, or clip it up, it will look neater if the front is dry.

Speaking of makeup, if you’re short on time, a quick once-over with an everyday concealer for face and under eyes, a quick brush of natural bronzer on cheeks, nose, and forehead, and a dab of sheer gloss (or chapstick) on your lips, will let you look and feel pulled together. Forget eyeliners, lash curlers, and eye shadow--anything that takes precision, takes time.

What’s your morning routine like?

by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I don't have to go anywhere in the mornings, but Tues/Thurs I do have to get ready and out of the house by 9 to take my son to pre-k. I shower, put towel in hair, make up on and then finish hair. Takes about 90 minutes for everything-but sometimes I get lazy and just throw my hair up in a pony

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:34 AM

get the kids up and get them breakfast and my 5 year old ready for school, then we're out the door to drop her off.  We do it all in an hour, faster if we get up late!

proudmommy690
by Christa on Mar. 30, 2012 at 5:06 AM
dont really have a routine unless we have appts we have to be at. normally i try to set mine and the kids clothes out the night before...i'll take a shower and get dressed then wake the kids up to eat and get dressed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kuulou
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 5:10 AM

I get my clothes and such ready the night before so when I wake it's just bathe, dress and go.  I don't wear make-up but I do take extra care when it comes to fixing my hair.

I know I need some kind of concealer but I am not good with choosing the right make up so I just don't bother. 

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:52 AM

My morning routine is absolutely crazy!!!

I get up at 5:30, get my DD up at 6:00, my youngest son up at 6:15 and my oldest son up at 6:30 and then try to get them all dressed and the oldest and youngest out the door to catch the bus and then my youngest I take him to school every other week because the other weeks he's with his Momma.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I remember the days I had to get up and rush around to get to work, (and they are not fond memories) But now I'm retired, and my morning routine consists of, well, not much. And I love it!

wandep
by Pam on Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Wake up, dressed to shoes (always), wake kids up and get them dressed to shoes. Fix and eat our breakfast. Then out the door by 8 am to take them to school. :)

powow65
by kimmy on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM
wake DD, make coffee, get DD ready for school & wait for the bus, than wash the dishes that were left last night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM

get up at 4 cause the dog needs to go out

get up at 5 cause the cat is hungry

get up at 6 cause I have to

wake kids up/breakfast/bus

back to the couch till about 9am then wake dh up and hopefully by then Im somewhat awake

amy7243
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I get up at 5:45 wake the kids and dh up. Go pee :) then make breakfast, make sure kids brushed teeth and have everything ready for school. Get them on the bus. Then I jump in the shower...I dont blow dry hair or wear make up so I am pretty quick at that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)