Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Last Minute Easter Activities

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 43 Replies

Isn't it funny how holidays just sneak up on us? Easter is this Sunday, and hopefully you're much farther in your prep than I am. When I was young, I loved getting an easter basket. What I loved more was searching our house for plastic eggs filled with treats, like stickers and candy. My daughter is a little young for that, but I'm still getting her an easter basket.

If you have older kids, there are a lot of activities you can do leading up to easter. Did you dye easter eggs yet? This was always a great fun, messy, activity. Another activity for little ones is to have them decorate their own easter baskets. Set up a ‘craft station', with things like paper, glue, ribbon, sparkles, stickers, and other assorted crafty goodness, and let them at it.

Looking for last-minute gifts? This clucking, singing, dancing chickie is always a favorite. My niece who's about 18 months loves it, and dances along. Other great gifts include coloring books, games, and puzzles, too.

What's your favorite Easter tradition?

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I love putting together Easter baskets

connietrrll
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:50 AM

I saw a cute little kit at Kmart. It is pre-baked cookies with frosting for coloring. I hate dying eggs. So, I think I am going to borrow my grandbabies this week, and take them to my other daughters. She lives with my neice and her 2 boys. It will be egg decorating in a whole new way!

tayanddyl
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:26 AM
My favorite tradition was going by my grandparents after church for the big easter egg hunt. I remember we would go to the movie theater also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karissa_ruiz
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:28 AM
My mom was so excited that this is my dds first Easter. She's putting together a big basket for her. I can't wait for dd to attack it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I miss putting baskets together for my kids.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Thanks For posting.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Tonight I'm making rice crispy treat eggs with my kids and one of their friends. We will fill them with M&Ms. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I saw it about a year ago on a commercial. We still have to color eggs. We are going to a friend's house on Friday to do that.

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:38 AM

We dont do much other than egg hunts

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I did see a neat thing at walmart though yesterday of a spill proff thing for dying eggs

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Love dyeing eggs and going to the easter egg hunts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)