Group Home

Smarter Health: When Allergies Attack

Posted by   + Show Post

Spring is here! The weather is warmer, flowers blooming, and you can't stop sneezing. I, like many people I know, have allergies. My eyes itch, my throat hurts, and I get congested every Spring. I have some friends who have it more seriously than I, and take a daily dose of allergy medicine when the weather begins to warm. And though I'm not to the point of medicating daily, there's a few things I can do to help alleviate symptoms.

Spring cleaning is a must, dust and pollen love collecting on surfaces such as carpets, floors, blinds, curtains, furniture, toys, and even stuffed animals. But if you're the one with the allergies, you might want to hire someone else to tackle the cleaning. Vacuuming and dusting, will at first, kick up the exact thing you're trying to get rid of, and temporarily worsen conditions before eliminating them.

Get an air purifier for your bedroom or your kids' rooms. Experts claim that HEPA air purifiers can help clean the air of certain allergens. (Tip: When you buy the purifier, buy an extra filter or two, so you have it on hand when you're ready to replace the old one.)

Some experts suggest taking a shower before you go to sleep. That way, you can clean off the pollen and allergens that are in your hair and on your skin; and the steam may actually relieve some of the symptoms and make you feel better.

How do you deal with allergy season?

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-31):
sweetmissy_05
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM
We have allergies and we use Zyrtec, I use Claritin, my youngest daughter has asthma too and she's on Singulair, we also have a Vick's humidifier, Vick's Vaporub we use if we need to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci