Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Home: Three Quick Decorating Tips

Posted by   + Show Post

Looking to brighten up your home without breaking the bank? Here are three easy ways you can decorate without spending a lot of time or money.

Add new color. As spring approaches, freshen up your living room with a dose of color. Decide on a color theme you want to add to the room, and choose a few accent pillows and a new throw blanket. (Bright colors are very ‘in' right now, and this is a great way to stay trendy without making a big commitment-like new furniture or wall color.)

Fresh flowers. An inexpensive bundle of fresh cut flowers can do wonders for a room. It adds color and freshness to a room. (I'm partial to tulips in yellow or white, but use what you love.) Simple arrangements tend to make the biggest impact in a room.

Update the entryway. Usually you walk in the house, kick off your shoes, dump your bag, hang up the kids coats and move on into the house. Update this space, and you'll smile every time you walk in the door. Simple updates include new hooks for kids coats, a new throw rug, and storage bins can do wonders.

What room in your house do you want to update most?

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
chichiwvu
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM
My bedroom or the living room. The living room would be easiest! We need to paint, and I'd like to change the throw rug and pillows and stuff. (I have neutral furniture)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I love fresh flowers, but never buy them for myself.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I am adding new color!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM

great ideas

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM

plants are nice

amandalea0526
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

My hubby loves freecycle.com and craigslist. He always finds me the things I am looking for when I tell him I need it. =] 

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Quoting Bluetick:

I would love to update the bedroom! Just not exactly sure how w out breaking the bank
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM
What are trendy decorating ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovegrace222
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM
My living room/kitchen its one big room!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chastityOhno
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:48 PM

she should by a face. seriously have you seen her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)