Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: (Re)Discovering Family Time

Posted by   + Show Post

We have had a few months now of rushing around, working a ton, playdates and, yes, a bout of the tummy flu mambo. It seems like we haven't had a good amount of connecting time, of our family, just us, hanging out and being together. It's after these hectic months that I always realize we need to schedule some family time into that weekly schedule.

What do we do to rediscover family time? Family game night is always cool. Why not grab a new one for the whole family to learn together (my sister and her daughter love Sequence) or take it outside now that the weather is nice and play Team Parents versus Team Kids with a beanbag toss.

I love this idea too: Iron Chef Family Time. It's great idea for a weekend dinner -- head to the grocery store or farmer's market and decide on a special ingredient. Split into teams and each team is responsible for making a recipe with that ingredient. A fun way to get the kid into cooking and spending time all together.

And last but not least, there is the classic movie night. But instead of doing it at night, why not do it in the morning? Everyone stay in PJs, cuddle into your bed and watch a flick? A nice switch-up to the day, it is a perfect way to rediscover being together.

What is your favorite way to reconnect with family time?

©iStockphoto.com/ Deklofenak

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-26):
mindy3-6
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:26 AM

We take a lot of day trips to Philadelphia Museums or the beach/boardwalk.  Our family time at home is usually a movie night or wii marathon usually playing bowling or tennis. 

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:17 PM

We do a bunch of different things.

thehickinhickor
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM

we play hide and seek in the house

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM

We play outside or take walks together.

alliesmom112
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

We have story time every night and then we talk about the high and low points of our days,

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM

my son is 5 and loves those things too

Quoting LifeCafe42:

DS is still little but he's always up for a good round of trains or chase

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN