Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preparing for baby before there is a baby

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM
  • 6 Replies
Did you do anything as far as purchasing items go, before you even conceived?

I have severe baby fever. It should be a real medical condition. It is all I think about. Not to the detriment of my family, but it really affects me.

The women in my birth family have a lot of children. I wont say how many, because I wouldn't be believed anyway, but I'm not talking about just 10 children. My 25 year old sister has 7. With my daughter, we decided we wanted a baby, I tacked when I ovulated, and that month I was pregnant. My husband and I have been ttc since the end of 2010. In my family, that's a lifetime.

Dr's have suggested my husband find a way to medicate me. Dh has told me that I can start decorating a nursery. I know that he doesn't truly understand how much pain I'm in, but I appreciate that he is making an effort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Coca.Cola
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I gathered for years. I knit blankets. I quilted. I wanted a baby for two years before we got pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM
I feel like if I do nothing but wait, there will be so much sadness and tension in the house. You know? A nursery takes a while to take care of, so it will give me something to do for quite some time.

Quoting Coca.Cola:

I gathered for years. I knit blankets. I quilted. I wanted a baby for two years before we got pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coca.Cola
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Sadness and tension inhibit pregnancy. You need to try to rid yourself of it. I know that is hard.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I feel like if I do nothing but wait, there will be so much sadness and tension in the house. You know? A nursery takes a while to take care of, so it will give me something to do for quite some time.

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM

my cousin's (2 of them) has ove 7kids (this is 7 kids for each cousin)

they i guess like "big families" i am a big fan of "big families" after my 1st child being 9pounds 3oz's..... yeah NO MORE BABIES FOR ME!

it is good to prepare IMO up to 6 months to a year (so nothing will be a "rush".)

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I didn't do anything to prepare for a baby before I even conceived but that does sound like a good idea.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM

No not until i got pregnant. Although when we started trying for our third I did start saving the older kids stuff for hand me downs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN