Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

College

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 55 Replies
Did you go to college? Did you get a degree? If you did not choose to go to college, why not? Do you regret it? Will you encourage your child to go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourpassion
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I went, got a Bach in bus admin. I will encourage my kids to go if they want to. If they don't, that's fine too. But they need some sort of plan either way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I went but never finished.. I need to finish.. yes our kids will go to college

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I started and havent finish yet. My son will be encouraged to go but i'm not going to make him go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM

nope nope nope!

Rain2Rinse
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Lol, "nope" to which question?!

Quoting powow65:

nope nope nope!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I didn't go to college and the reason is that I gave it up for my worthless ex husband because I thought being married would be better but boy was I ever wrong.  I am almost 39 (April 20) and I think that it is to late to go now.  I always kick myself for giving up my dream of being a teacher for someone who so wasn't worth it.

We are already encouraging our kids to go to college and I hope that they will learn from our mistakes and go through with it so that they can get good jobs.

Lisa0626
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I did attend college. I have my B.A. in Psychology and I graduated last year with my Masters degree in Education, as a School Counselor. Yes, I will encourage my daughter to attend college as well. But, I will also help her to find what is right for her at the same time.

brit0813
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I did. psychology. flunked out bc I didn't want to be there. totally regret it..I would go back in time and kick my butt into shape!!!!
Im hoping to start some classes this fall in hopes to get a nursing degree. i would love to work in L&D :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't yet. I chose to work fresh out of highschool so I cld move out of my mother's control.. I'm only 23 so it's not too late, its nvr too late. So I'm making progress enrolling for online courses with the Art Institute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I am not finished yet. I am pretty much the only person in my adopted, and marital family who does not have a degree yet. Even my baby brother will finish before me! Grrrrr! Lol

DD has a college fund already, that covers college costs. We feel that sometimes, you have to do things you may not want to. College will be one of those things. We talk to her often about how important it is to go to college and expand her knowledge about her chosen field. She tells people that the ABC's behind her last name matter! Lmao. There's my husband talking.

We recently found out that a par of her inheritance will be with held if she does not attend and complete college. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)