Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How multi cultural is your family

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 48 Replies

Are you "just" an average american family

OR

does your home consists of more then one culture.. like your dh is from China, you from Mexico and adopted a child from Russia who goes to a german school living in the USA..

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Dh, myself and our youngest are caucasian and our oldest dd is adopted from China.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I'm a MN of Finnish descent, from a very conservative church & part of a very large family.

DH is from CA, youngest of 3 (his siblings are 10 & 12 years older so he grew up almost as an only child).

Trust me, there are culteral differences there. :)

Of course, absolutely nothing wrong with being "just" an average American family.  Many Americans also have a multi cultural background, much more than many people from other parts of the world.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM

do you still teach her about her culture in China..

Quoting mcginnisc:

Dh, myself and our youngest are caucasian and our oldest dd is adopted from China.

noahsmommy-010
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I was born in Mexico brought here when i was 9 or so. My son's father is hispanic so nothing different than me(not together anymore) My boyfriend now is from a different background than me (African American). I am the only one out of all my family who has dated outside our race. Nothing too big but his family has more than one culture which i love:)

Lisa0626
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM

LOL, I love this question! Hmm, Were a bit of a mix culturally. My dh is Puerto Rican, Irish, and German, but born in the USA. I am also born in the USA, and am Irish, Italian, and Russian, Polish Jewish decent. So, our daughter is a mix of both of us. He he. I would love to adopt a child of a different culture!

Rain2Rinse
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM
My parents are from Haiti and Trinidad. My dd is mixed with way too much to name. My dh is Dutch. My dhs niece was adopted from Russia. Dhs nephew was adopted from Guatemala. My cousins are from Tonga.

We are a rainbow coalition! :) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Were a caucasian family, born and raised in USA. DH and I have similar backgrounds though, were mostly made up of Irish and German decent, I have polish on my side though, where he doesnt. I also have dutch and scottish as well.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I'm a European American mutt and my DH is a mix of European American and Native American. Not sure how to answer the question though.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM

i am white, my husband is black and our three kids are black and white. my daughter has a daughter my grandaughter who is 3/4 black and 1/4 white and one daughter who is 3/4 white and 1/4 black. my other daughter has a son who is 3/4 black and 1/4 white and she has 2 other sons that are 1/2 hispanic and 1/4 black and 1/4 white. so i would say we are petty diverse.

powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

SO is german & native american (he has more cultures in his mother's families but he just believes more of "german & native american".)

me..... lmfgdao! ima EUROPEAN MUTT! my great grand-father's & great grand-mothers done did the "dirty deed" with ALL KINDS OF CULTURES!!! lol im russain, polish, um.... german... um... (part french/canadian from my "mother") but i do have other cultures from my "father side" of his family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)