Group Home

How multi cultural is your family

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you "just" an average american family

OR

does your home consists of more then one culture.. like your dh is from China, you from Mexico and adopted a child from Russia who goes to a german school living in the USA..

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM
We are white with a little bit of Indian in our family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Where is a person from if they're Hispanic?

Quoting noahsmommy-010:

I was born in Mexico brought here when i was 9 or so. My son's father is hispanic so nothing different than me(not together anymore) My boyfriend now is from a different background than me (African American). I am the only one out of all my family who has dated outside our race. Nothing too big but his family has more than one culture which i love:)

EireLass
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I am Irish, my kids Dad is Scottish. I have whitey freckly kids. haha. Bunch 'o gaels.

BUT...I'm getting ready to marry a Kraut!

nlonnon
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I'm bi-racial (white mom/ cajun dad) born in the Philippines.  My husband and his family are what most would consider a "typical" white family.  My side is more diverse than his side, but we all come together well and have learned a lot from one another.  My kids will tell you they are purple :)

wanderingwolf
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM
I'm American and Dh is from Middle East. As far as husband's government is concerned our children are from his country as they don't recognize dual-citizenship.
Moms_Angels1960
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM

We're just average American

proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM
df's grandfather was part irish...and some other stuff lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I was born and raised in Israel until I was 10 my grandparents from both my father and mother are all from Hungary . I have duel citizenship and so does DS. I had to get all sorts of paperwork to have our marriage recognized in Israel. Dh is an all American boy from Irish descent. There are still things I don't know or understand about the American culture after 18 years of being here. Dh and his family are very good at helping me out
when i don't know a certain word or don't understand something. I never knew about thank you notes or Christmas or Easter until I met dh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

well my background is irish/scottish/german/cherokee but it's too far in the past so.....

my husband is 100% mexican, born & raised there.  he moved here when he was 20.

in my family at large though; my sil is 1st gen italian american (her parents moved here from sicily shortly before she was born), 1 of my bil's is of italian decent also (northern mountain region), 2 of my bil's are of polish decent, & 1 bil is "just" american.  one of my cousins adopted a little girl from quatamala.

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Average american is multicultural these days.

Hubby is puerto rican, black and german, im white american :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80