Group Home

When you're kids don't go to school

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:16 AM
  • 22 Replies
For whatever reason, if you're kids don't go to school, do you restrict them at all? If my kids are sick I don't let them do anything but watch tv. No internet, no video games, nothing but lying in bed and resting. I do allow the tv, there's never anything on so... It really cuts down on the fake illnesses!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourpassion
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:22 AM
We're not at that point yet. My kids haven't had a fake illness yet, they are 4 and 6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetpea1269
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, mine are 15 and 7. I've always had the rule but I've never had a problem. My son's friend was shocked by the rule, he is "sick" a lot.

Quoting yourpassion:

We're not at that point yet. My kids haven't had a fake illness yet, they are 4 and 6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:37 AM

I do the same thing with my kids and they really don't miss alot of school either.  My SS on the other hand within the first 9 weeks of school had already missed his 5 parent excused days allowed because his Momma couldn't get him out the door for school.  He hasn't missed any days this year on the weeks he's with his Dad and I.

yourpassion
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:40 AM
That's crazy! My mom is a teacher in northern va. Their school had to take parents to court due to the number of days their child missed. Her excuse, she just couldn't get him out the door on time. It was too much for her. No disability (parents or child), she is a SAHM, and they live 5 mins from school. It's crazy!!!

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I do the same thing with my kids and they really don't miss alot of school either.  My SS on the other hand within the first 9 weeks of school had already missed his 5 parent excused days allowed because his Momma couldn't get him out the door for school.  He hasn't missed any days this year on the weeks he's with his Dad and I.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidim229
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:40 AM

it depends on what is going on like there has been times that they didnt go on class trips so it was a free day at home or like right after my dh lost his job mt 1st grader played sick but that was just because he wanted to spend time with daddy alone as he has 3 older siblings and 2 younger and my husband was gone for 5-6 days at a time for work but otherwise i let them sleep watch tv and then they go on the internet for a little buy my 2 older girls love music so music help them feel better

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Ohh I totally agree!!!  She gets up, calls them once and goes back to bed.  With my SS though, you have to stay on top of him or he isn't going to get up.  They will take you to court here in Paducah, KY as well for missing too many days.

Quoting yourpassion:

That's crazy! My mom is a teacher in northern va. Their school had to take parents to court due to the number of days their child missed. Her excuse, she just couldn't get him out the door on time. It was too much for her. No disability (parents or child), she is a SAHM, and they live 5 mins from school. It's crazy!!!

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

yourpassion
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:48 AM
It just baffles me that they miss Because they aren't getting their kids out the door. I agree with the court thing too, but I just don't understand not getting your child out the door!!!

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

Ohh I totally agree!!!  She gets up, calls them once and goes back to bed.  With my SS though, you have to stay on top of him or he isn't going to get up.  They will take you to court here in Paducah, KY as well for missing too many days.

Quoting yourpassion:

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM

The only rule I really have is if youre too sick for school, youre too sick to play outside/with friends. DD is only 5 now and the few times shes been home from school she wasnt faking it.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Trust me, my DH and I don't understand it either.   I think it's all just a case of laziness, at least I know it's that way with our situation.

Quoting yourpassion:

It just baffles me that they miss Because they aren't getting their kids out the door. I agree with the court thing too, but I just don't understand not getting your child out the door!!!

mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM

They hardly ever fake sick and if they are... well Im not too happy but its not like the world is gonna fall of  its axle, or the gas prices go down, or brings my cat back or anything..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.