Group Home

Smarter Home: Makeover Your Bed

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 37 Replies

I have a love/hate relationship with my duvet cover. Actually, all duvet covers to be exact. I love them because they're a great way to change up your bedroom's look without investing a lot of money. They can be washed in a standard washer-machine, and they don't take up a lot of storage space--not like a comforter does.

My frustration comes from the fact that our duvet covers never stay in place. When I was younger, my mom use to safety pin my duvet cover to the comforter, but every now and then I remember cuddling up with a pin. I must be scarred because I won't use pins. I'm also not handy with a needle and thread, so sewing is out. Other tips, I've read have been to use Velcro or double-sided tape, which I never got around to trying. That said, my frustration isn't enough to stop using them.

Buying a new duvet set and some throw pillows for your bed can really change up your bedroom. Other go-to's for the spring are a new set of cotton sheets, maybe in a pretty pastel color, and a lightweight blanket. Also, the number one tip for loving your bed more is to make it in the morning. It doesn't have to be perfect, but every time you walk in your bedroom you will feel better about it--if your bed is made. (Yikes! I'm turning into my mom!)

Do you use a duvet? Do you make your bed every day?

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM

We are in the process of Remodeling our who bedroom.  A couple weeks ago we laid new floor and bought new furniture.

amy7243
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I just started making my bed everyday when we moved into our new house in August. I love switching up the colors in my bedroom.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM

It would be nice to get some new sheets and a new duvet set.

erienne06
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Love new bedding! I ask for a new set at least every two years. Yep I do make my bed everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

it would be great to make up the beds so pretty but we don't usually...

mom27g
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

great idea :) I'm bad about making my bed everyday :)

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM

OMG there is a super cute comforter set I want from Kmart that I have been drooling over, but never seem to have the money to get...the sad thing is ...its only $30. LOL!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I have a blanket problem lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:22 AM
whats a "duvet"? Idk what it is. Sorry hun. (but we DO need to buy a new bed.) *frowns*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I need a new bed set.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie