Group Home

Smarter Home: Makeover Your Bed

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a love/hate relationship with my duvet cover. Actually, all duvet covers to be exact. I love them because they're a great way to change up your bedroom's look without investing a lot of money. They can be washed in a standard washer-machine, and they don't take up a lot of storage space--not like a comforter does.

My frustration comes from the fact that our duvet covers never stay in place. When I was younger, my mom use to safety pin my duvet cover to the comforter, but every now and then I remember cuddling up with a pin. I must be scarred because I won't use pins. I'm also not handy with a needle and thread, so sewing is out. Other tips, I've read have been to use Velcro or double-sided tape, which I never got around to trying. That said, my frustration isn't enough to stop using them.

Buying a new duvet set and some throw pillows for your bed can really change up your bedroom. Other go-to's for the spring are a new set of cotton sheets, maybe in a pretty pastel color, and a lightweight blanket. Also, the number one tip for loving your bed more is to make it in the morning. It doesn't have to be perfect, but every time you walk in your bedroom you will feel better about it--if your bed is made. (Yikes! I'm turning into my mom!)

Do you use a duvet? Do you make your bed every day?

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
talktojonell
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Use the pre sticky Telco double sided tape in the corners and the middle. I have at least 11 thumbs and it was still pretty easy.

Yes & yes to both questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I am going to say no, and I say that because I really have NO idea what a duvet cover is LOL. I have 2 light comforters one cherries and the other stars and moons,I dont use them anymore. I also have two tone comforter, its dark blue on one side and light blue on the other. I can pick which side I want it on.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM

No and it's about 50/50

jdy9440
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Quoting powow65:

whats a "duvet"? Idk what it is. Sorry hun. (but we DO need to buy a new bed.) *frowns*

Its a comforter cover, like a pillow case for it, changes your color up and keeps comforter clean.
powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM
oh ok.

Quoting jdy9440:

Quoting powow65:

whats a "duvet"? Idk what it is. Sorry hun. (but we DO need to buy a new bed.) *frowns*

Its a comforter cover, like a pillow case for it, changes your color up and keeps comforter clean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jzscolese
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I hate duvet covers they never work for me

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM

When I lived in the dorms I bought 2 plain flat sheets and had a friend sew them together to make a comforter cover for my fancy new down comforter!  I always use safety pins.  I hate that right now I only have a comforter and it is too big for our washer and dryer.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie