Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you pick baby names

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  • 58 Replies

In our family, we all have four names...

A family name

a biblical name

a name to match it all

and a last name.

How do you pick baby names?

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM

My son was named by his birth mother.  My DD was named by my Momma and me.  We were sitting in the car one day before I was going to have her naming off names and she said Natalee and that is the one I loved.   If I get lucky and my DH and I have a baby and it's a little girl I want to name her Clara (his gma's name) Elisabeth (he loves this name) Rayne (combo of our middle names) and then our last name of course.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

My son was named by his birth mother.  My DD was named by my Momma and me.  We were sitting in the car one day before I was going to have her naming off names and she said Natalee and that is the one I loved.   If I get lucky and my DH and I have a baby and it's a little girl I want to name her Clara (his gma's name) Elisabeth (he loves this name) Rayne (combo of our middle names) and then our last name of course.

DIL is pregnant right now.  If it is a girl, she will have my middle name.  if it's a boy, he will have dh's middle name. (That is a big deal because dh is ds's step dad)

tayanddyl
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

my son (Dylan) was named by his father

my second child (Tayla) was supposed to be named Taylen but we changed it when she was born a girl LOL

and the baby (Tameah Dynae) is named after her sisters and brothers ... I have 3 step kids.  for her 1st name we used the girls names Tayla, Jamela and Zephaniah and for her middle name we used the boys names Dylan and Nathan

MamaCaram
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM
My husband picked my first dd first name: Mya then i picked her middle name: danielle because her dads name is Danny

I picked our 2nd dd name: amira because my husbands paternal family is from Lebanon (it means princess in Arabic)
And dh picked her middle name : vittoria like the girl on angels and demon movie
amyjane22
by Amy on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM

We like biblical names or family names. 

DS1 is Levi David.  Levi is biblical and means "joined in Harmony". David is a family name that goes back many, many generations on DH's side of the family. 

DS2 is Seth Andrew.  Seth is because Seth in the bible was given to Adam and Eve after they suffered the grief of Abel's death.  I had suffered 2 miscarriages and said that if God gave us another child, I would name him Seth so I would always remember what a gift from God children are.  Andrew is my brother's name. My brother is one of my best friends and I wanted to name one of my kids after him :)

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM

My son was easy....we named him after his grandfathers. :)

My daughter...we just sort of thought it up. :)

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Quoting MamaCaram:

My husband picked my first dd first name: Mya then i picked her middle name: danielle because her dads name is Danny

I picked our 2nd dd name: amira because my husbands paternal family is from Lebanon (it means princess in Arabic)
And dh picked her middle name : vittoria like the girl on angels and demon movie

Amira is beautiful.  I love it.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quoting amyjane22:

We like biblical names or family names. 

DS1 is Levi David.  Levi is biblical and means "joined in Harmony". David is a family name that goes back many, many generations on DH's side of the family. 

DS2 is Seth Andrew.  Seth is because Seth in the bible was given to Adam and Eve after they suffered the grief of Abel's death.  I had suffered 2 miscarriages and said that if God gave us another child, I would name him Seth so I would always remember what a gift from God children are.  Andrew is my brother's name. My brother is one of my best friends and I wanted to name one of my kids after him :)

We have biblical names also.  I have Marie ds have Micheal and james, ds2 has James, ds3 has Thomas.

Bradensmommy719
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Hunny wanted the same initials so i went from there. If it was a boy they would have the same middle name so it was easy for my i just had to find a b name i liked. I came up with 2 and he picked from there. So i have a braden scott
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM

My sons' dad actually picked our son's middle name we both agreed to his first name. HIs middle name is after his dad's grandfather who I never met. His middle name is Italian. Love his name (:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN