Group Home

How do you pick baby names

Posted by   + Show Post

In our family, we all have four names...

A family name

a biblical name

a name to match it all

and a last name.

How do you pick baby names?

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
Kathy112761
by Kathy on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I had no problem picking out girl names the first time was going to be Jennifer Renee and the second time was going to be Lauren Michelle. But I didn't have girls either time. So I finally chose boy names and DS1 is Kevin Michael and my DS2 was Kristopher Stephen for no reason except that I like the names.

Sophie4910
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM

We just think of names we like honestly. There is no real rhyme or reasson to how we pick them.

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM

by word of mouth, looking at baby names in a book and watching tv. my grandkids names were picked off of babynames sites on the computer. my sons name is thomas chad after his father, my daughters names are jessica nichole and lauren breanne. my grandkids names are lyrick vyctoria nichole, savion gabriel alijah, maddox christian, priys isabella rose and kylan thomas. again the thomas after my husband.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Quoting lyrick24:

by word of mouth, looking at baby names in a book and watching tv. my grandkids names were picked off of babynames sites on the computer. my sons name is thomas chad after his father, my daughters names are jessica nichole and lauren breanne. my grandkids names are lyrick vyctoria nichole, savion gabriel alijah, maddox christian, priys isabella rose and kylan thomas. again the thomas after my husband.

I love the lyrick vyctoria.  How do you pronouce priys?

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Quoting Kathy112761:

I had no problem picking out girl names the first time was going to be Jennifer Renee and the second time was going to be Lauren Michelle. But I didn't have girls either time. So I finally chose boy names and DS1 is Kevin Michael and my DS2 was Kristopher Stephen for no reason except that I like the names.

If I had a girl she would have been Felicia Taryn but I had 3 boys.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Quoting Lisa0626:

My daughter's first name was a name I just really liked. Her middle name was picked using the first initial of a loved one whom had passed on. Then her last name. In my family we often will use the initial of a loved one who has passed for a new baby to give them a name sake.

This is a great idea, really sweet

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Quoting styler7:

My husband was deployed for our 3 kids. I emailed him a list of names and he picked a few he liked. We decided on a name from there :)

Wow!  All three?!  I have to say, :thank you" to him, you and your family for the sacrifices you make for me and mine.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Quoting Spaghetti_J:

For the first name, we chose names we personally liked. As for the middle name,  my husband and I used our parents first names.  :) So they will basically have two middle names. :)

Everyone in my family have 2 middle names.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Quoting tayanddyl:

my son (Dylan) was named by his father

my second child (Tayla) was supposed to be named Taylen but we changed it when she was born a girl LOL

and the baby (Tameah Dynae) is named after her sisters and brothers ... I have 3 step kids.  for her 1st name we used the girls names Tayla, Jamela and Zephaniah and for her middle name we used the boys names Dylan and Nathan

I love this idea!

tayanddyl
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like Tamia (like the singer) and Da-Nae

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I don't necessarily like the baby's name, but that is so cool how you pulled all of the names together, and it worked! Plus, what a bonding experience, you know? That's awesome.

Quoting tayanddyl:

my son (Dylan) was named by his father

my second child (Tayla) was supposed to be named Taylen but we changed it when she was born a girl LOL

and the baby (Tameah Dynae) is named after her sisters and brothers ... I have 3 step kids.  for her 1st name we used the girls names Tayla, Jamela and Zephaniah and for her middle name we used the boys names Dylan and Nathan

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80