Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you pick baby names

Posted by   + Show Post

In our family, we all have four names...

A family name

a biblical name

a name to match it all

and a last name.

How do you pick baby names?

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
I suck. I pronounced it wrong in my head. I like it much better now. Lol!

Quoting tayanddyl:

It sounds like Tamia (like the singer) and Da-Nae

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I don't necessarily like the baby's name, but that is so cool how you pulled all of the names together, and it worked! Plus, what a bonding experience, you know? That's awesome.

Quoting tayanddyl:

my son (Dylan) was named by his father

my second child (Tayla) was supposed to be named Taylen but we changed it when she was born a girl LOL

and the baby (Tameah Dynae) is named after her sisters and brothers ... I have 3 step kids.  for her 1st name we used the girls names Tayla, Jamela and Zephaniah and for her middle name we used the boys names Dylan and Nathan

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayanddyl
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I figured that because most people do LOL u should see the poor nurses at the dr.s office

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I suck. I pronounced it wrong in my head. I like it much better now. Lol!

Quoting tayanddyl:

It sounds like Tamia (like the singer) and Da-Nae

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I don't necessarily like the baby's name, but that is so cool how you pulled all of the names together, and it worked! Plus, what a bonding experience, you know? That's awesome.

Quoting tayanddyl:

my son (Dylan) was named by his father

my second child (Tayla) was supposed to be named Taylen but we changed it when she was born a girl LOL

and the baby (Tameah Dynae) is named after her sisters and brothers ... I have 3 step kids.  for her 1st name we used the girls names Tayla, Jamela and Zephaniah and for her middle name we used the boys names Dylan and Nathan

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alliesmom112
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM

We picked a name she could grow into, Alexandria Marie, Allie for short more kid friendly.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Quoting alliesmom112:

We picked a name she could grow into, Alexandria Marie, Allie for short more kid friendly.

I love the name Alexandria

sweetpea1269
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM
My sons' father has a bad last name... Let's just say I teased every name I could think of and picked the least teaseable. My daughter is named after my mom and dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Greta on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

We just kept bouncing girl names off of eachother until we found one we loved. She has my middle name & her first name is after the northern lights. Our boy name was easy to pick. My mil lost a baby when she was 6 mos & we were going to use his name.  

yourpassion
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

we went with our middle names, so i wanted something that sounded good with those. i was trying to keep it to names that couldn't be abbreviated, but my daughter didn't luck out. hahaha...

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Quoting momma-flynn:

We just kept bouncing girl names off of eachother until we found one we loved. She has my middle name & her first name is after the northern lights. Our boy name was easy to pick. My mil lost a baby when she was 6 mos & we were going to use his name.  

That is such a sweet story.  I bet mil was so happy.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Quoting yourpassion:

we went with our middle names, so i wanted something that sounded good with those. i was trying to keep it to names that couldn't be abbreviated, but my daughter didn't luck out. hahaha...

My mother hated when I started using an abbreviation.

iluvmyboys531
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM
For first names we just pick names we like. My name is Jessica Marie and dh is Jordan James. Our sons are Austin Jordan, David James, and Kaesen John. Middle names will always be a relatives name.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)