Group Home

How to remove candle wax from carpet

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 16 Replies
My son got ahold of a candle today. We caught him scraping out the wax and rubbing it into the carpet. I got most of it out, but there is still a pink tint to the carpet. Does anyone know of a good way to get the last of the wax out of the carpet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thehickinhickor
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Then place a couple of white paper towels over the remaining wax and run a warm iron over the area. Repeat the process, using clean towels each time, until all the wax is gone. If wax residue remains, apply a bit of dry-cleaning solvent and blot.

Fields456
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Google it. I looked it up a whole. Back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynnd4
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Brown paper bag and warm iron.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reindeergames
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Take a brown paperbag, rip it in half so it's single layer. Take an iron. Put paper bag on the carpet then iron up the wax through the bag. Works like a charm, I used to work at a resturant where we had candles on the tables every night & the girls would spill wax all the time so we'd spend our mornings on our hands & knees ironing up wax. 

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I agree paper towel or paper bag and iron away until most is gone, then carpet clean.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I was going to say the same thing as the other ladies, brown bag and a hot iron.

Mama032908
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Good luck! I would do as the other ladies suggested!

twistedsister1
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Hello Starchild84,

my name is Pam and i had a similar experience. I used my iron and news papers with paper towels.

The 1st thing u do is put down the newspaper on the spot you want cleaned then you turn on the iron, once it has heated up real good, just set the iron on that(newspaper) waxy part up the carpet,  ( you have to move the iron back & forth over the paper to heat up the wax so it will adhere to the paper) now this does take a bit of time. And you may have to switch back and forth from paper towel to news paper, and for goodness sakes be very careful to not get burned. But if you have enough patience this method WILL get all the wax from the candle out of your carpet!
Now if the carpet is stained from the candle having color in it you may want to try Resolve Carpet Cleaner to clean you r carpet to get out that stain. 

If you do this please let me know how this works for you>

Sincerley

Twisted Sister1

(a newby at this site love you sign 

jendawn1
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Wow good to know. Great tips ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80