Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Fashion: That Blazer Isn't Just For The Office Anymore

Posted by   + Show Post

Wake up and it's 49 degrees. About preschool pick-up time, it's 63. Then post-park, dinnertime, it's heading down to 56. That is the thing about Spring: it's Layer Weather. You need a layer or two and maybe a light scarf to make it through the day without shivering.

I could don a sweatshirt or a little cardigan, but lately I've been experimenting with the blazer. I know, I never thought I would either. The blazer...that piece of clothing that is seen usually only in an office, matched with a skirt. Totally not me. But the last few seasons, I've seen blazers, solo, in cute colors and in different materials, including softer knits. Kind of the older sister of the cardigan, you can match it with jeans and cute top or t-shirt and add a little sass and sophistication to your usual mommy uniform.

I have a corduroy one for that works for Fall, but debating snatching one up to toss on for Spring. This striped one is great -- again, not too much but just enough to pump up a regular shirt-jeans combo. And take at look at this one with ruffles. Picture it with dark jeans and a white blouse - perfect for a new Date Night with the hubby look. And check out this collarless one with a little texture. You can use this every day and also toss it over a little black dress to add a whole Jackie O look.

Do you wear blazers? Why -- or why not? Have you seen one lately that belongs in your closet?

©iStockphoto.com/ t_kimura

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-36):
jam62
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM

i think thet look great with jeans

Mama032908
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I don't wear them, but whenever I see someone wearing one I think of Kim Kardasian.. she wears them way too often imo!

Rain2Rinse
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM
I love the collarless one. I keep telling dh that I want to wear them more. They are so snazzy, anddress up even the simplest outfit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM

nope, never been into such.

lovegrace222
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I don't care for them, unless I have to wear one for work but we all wear scrubs in our office so I don't have to dress up anymore! :)

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Never had one
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)