Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 Great Ways to Save Green on Lawn Care

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/smart-spending/8-ways-to-save-money-on-costly-lawn-care-1.aspx

When people think of saving money around the house, they think of things that happen inside, such as utility usage and family meals. But your lawn care and gardening habits could be costing you more than you think.

Between water, fertilizer, lawn care services, seed, gardening equipment and other costs, Americans spend an estimated $40 billion caring for their lawns every year, according to "American Green: The Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Lawn." Not only that, but they also spend an average of 73 hours a year cutting grass, pruning and doing all the other tasks that help keep yards beautiful, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

That's a huge investment of time and money that should be put to the best use possible. Here are some tips to help you frugalize your yard and save money over the long term.

♥Joyce♥
Deals & Steals - Group Owner
D&S Coupon Swappers - Group Owner
Join us on Smarter Living! - Group Mod 
Join us in M.O.M. Moments of Motherhood - Group Mod

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Replies (11-13):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:10 AM

I wont have a garden this year since Im gone for the most part of the summer but I will keep those ideas in mind.. Thank you

critter_boo
by Sarah on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JHanc968
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I wish my lawn looked like this too!

Quoting JHanc968:

Xeriscape your yard

Xeriscape your yard

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN